Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'd have to open it an take the ties off of him!

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Got mine yesterday as well! Will post a few pics tonight.

Its pretty freaking awesome IMO
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

The belt and boots seem too small to me...overall he looks really skinny compared to the 8 inch version.

I'll probably pass on these. I'm gonna have a hard enough time keeping up with all the 8 inch releases.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, anytime something gets scaled up like this, there's a little bit of translation difficulty. I guess I'm more used to it, since I've collected the Gentle Giant Star Wars Jumbos. You have to I guess be a bit forgiving, which I'm willing to do. Love this guy, and want more of them. I wish FTC would have sales once in a while.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Dang, he's got bad head bloat. The head is way bigger in proportion to the chest than the 8" version. If all of the characters are like that, it's a deal breaker for me. I was considering one or two for customs, like Supes, but not if all the heads are that oversized.

Correction: Something weird about the figure. I just took the pic and basically used the head from top to chin on both the figures pictured to measure, and the proportions are coming out about the same. Take three heads from the chin down and the last one hits just above mid thigh for both. The chest is about two heads wide. Looking at it, the head seems a LOT bigger, but proportionately, it doesn't seem to be. Of course, that's just based on one photo that's at a slightly odd angle, but something is making the head look a lot bigger than it apparently is. Anyone with one in hand got any better measurements/comparisons? A nekkid shot of both figures together would probably give a better idea of the body proportions (man, that sounds wierd, but you know what I mean).
            Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 11, '15, 8:19 AM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

Anyone pick up the Joker? Really want to see him.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I do wish the boots were taller, but what we see matches the prototype.

Would be fun to open him up along with my Tonner and NECA 1966 Batmans and see how they compare.
                Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 11, '15, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Scott Metz....I was going to say the EXACT same thing last night, but didn't want to seem "BIG HEAD Obsessed" any more than I already am lol! The first few pics his Head looks HUGE! But the last pic where both figures are turned to the side, makes it look in proportion. I'm wondering how much angle is at play here, because the 1 FTC: Superman 18" pic where his head is peaking out the top of the box (In the other thread) looks completely fine proportion wise. So I didn't comment, as I don't know if...... (here comes the famous list lol):

1.) Pic ANGLES - Not sure if it's just the angles of the pics are affecting my perception of proportions! (say that 10 times Fast!)

2.) Batman vs Superman - maybe the Superman 18" figures head is in scale & the 18" Batman's head is just Bigger?

So either way these good costume wise, packaging wise & the price is better than some other brands deluxe larger scale Super Heroes! I could seen buying any large scale figure who's character's power is to grow (Apache Chief & Giganta are musts for me!), or if the character's size is supposed to be huge. So I echo what Scott said, if it's Apache Chief or Giganta done in 18" in the exact same style as a 8" Apache Chief or Giganta, I'm gonna want them badly! These 18" repros, If they were on SALE for 1/2 price, I'd grab a Riddler & Joker to fight the 8" WGH's after drinking their Powerful Growth Potion (or some other play time fun story like that!). So either way, I look forward to many pics of these, & I'm SO HAPPY for you guys who are loving these 18" figures. I'm glad they are NOT in 12", as that would be VERY hard for me to resist buying them all!
                  Last edited by invisiblelad; Jun 11, '15, 1:22 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Any pictures of Batman out of his package?

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I finally got mine yesterday and he looks better in person than of the pictures I have seen online. Very cool, if you are into the up-sized fad that's happening right now.

I haven't removed him from the box yet

Comment

• tiinacat
                        Museum Patron
                        • Feb 4, 2015

I hope these are still around at christmas would love to get a couple if I'm good

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                          So either way these good costume wise, packaging wise & the price is better than some other brands deluxe larger scale Super Heroes! I could seen buying any large scale figure who's character's power is to grow (Apache Chief & Giganta are musts for me!), or if the character's size is supposed to be huge. So I echo what Scott said, if it's Apache Chief or Giganta done in 18" in the exact same style as a 8" Apache Chief or Giganta, I'm gonna want them badly! These 18" repros, If they were on SALE for 1/2 price, I'd grab a Riddler & Joker to fight the 8" WGH's after drinking their Powerful Growth Potion (or some other play time fun story like that!). So either way, I look forward to many pics of these, & I'm SO HAPPY for you guys who are loving these 18" figures. I'm glad they are NOT in 12", as that would be VERY hard for me to resist buying them all!
                          Your idea reminds me of the "giants of Doom" episode of Challenge of the Superfriends. Bizarro, Sinestro, Toyman and Capt. Cold all grew to giant size; be hard to resist if they did those four from the Legion of Doom in 18" scale because of that.

The 18" figures as a novelty are something I can resist; make 18" figures that can be used with the 8" versions as noted above and I'm likely in trouble. I really think an 18" Apache Chief would sell out easily.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎