Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: schedule of events

schedule of events

Is there a schedule posted anywhere of any discussion panels, customs auction, contests, etc.?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rche View Post
    Is there a schedule posted anywhere of any discussion panels, customs auction, contests, etc.?
    Not yet. There are too many moving parts to publish times before everyone is settled and has their watches synchronized. Here's what I expect, in no order:

Talks from two, possibly three of your favorite ReMego folks
    A vintage chat
    The amazing Lee boxin' and flockin'
    Customs contest
    Some comic creator stories - aw yeah
    Customs auction

DJ Random Axe will keep things flowing, including the announcing of door prizes.

I should have put a question mark in my title for this thread. Sorry about that.

Also - just trying to clarify my question - If I can get my crazy work/family schedule to line up right, I am considering coming up on Saturday and wanted to see if there was an outline for events. Mostly I just want to meet peeps who I have known thru these forums, but was also hoping to see some of the auction, customs making, and whatever panel chats may be happening. No worries if there is not a concrete timetable.

It might not be set until Saturday morning, but please come anyway. There's going to be Mego madness, fun , action adventure, contests, trivia, forums, panels, how-to's, nunchaku demonstrations, dance offs and whatever else we can come up with. It's not to be missed.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

I know there will be plenty of fun and Mego goodness; I have watched from the sidelines for many years now. I am just trying to figure out how early I have to get in the car to make it happen and if I actually have enough hours to get to Skokie and back and actually see anything.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I can tell you that the customs contest doesn't wrap-up until the end, and I know Lee is in one of the later time slots. I'm going to try to slot the auction a little earlier this year so that it isn't running into the customs contest, but it still won't be until after lunch. Typically our presenters are not early birds; there will still be some action in the afternoon. It's always been a fluid deal; a little more so since it's a new venue this year.

Your situation is exactly why I have learned to wait. If I had posted a schedule even a month ago, recent changes would have grenaded it. I'd hate for anyone to set a land speed record and find that the schedule got shuffled.

All that said, if you can make it please do. Even if you miss every single presentation, all those guys are still going to be around to talk your ear off one-on-one.

Hope you can make it rche, it would be great to finally meet you.

About 2.5 miles northwest of The Forbidden Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I can tell you that the customs contest doesn't wrap-up until the end...
    I cannot tell you how many times I have seen words to that effect (in various Mego Meet posts, in various contexts) and misread it as "Cosume Contest." Surprisingly disappointed every time, because those are the conventions I often attend.

But IMPORTANT QUESTION, which I hope someone can honestly answer: Is anything significant happening on Friday? An I correct in understanding that this is largely a Saturday/Sunday event with setup and limited socializing on Friday?

The reasoning of my question is that I have a major, long-standing commitment (501st - Star Wars nerds) on Saturday, so my only availability for Mego Meet is Friday (if truly worth my time) and/or Sunday. I have no desire to go on Friday if nothing is really happening, but if everything is truly "up and running" early enough in the day, I might go both days... Or choose one of my other conflicts (WWII reenactment in Peoria, or antique auto show in Wisconsin) on Sunday.

Alternately, Sunday will be the day for me, but I am seeking any insight that helps me make a decision. Thanks.

It's strictly a Friday Night Saturday 9-5 thing... Sunday most everyone is headed home.

Images
    I used to attend just on Saturday--that seems the key day for programming.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.