• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I've had enough of your two-bit Justice League

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I always liked the Outsiders, and I picked up some of the initial issues. I liked that Alan Davis added Ditko' Shade to the team in The Nail as I thought he was an excellent addition of a 70s creation.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I vividly recall that cover--I was shocked, but I loved the Outsiders, except perhaps Looker.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That Titans/Outsiders team-up was great. Wolfman and Barr resolved the issues between Batman and Robin that Wolfman had built up in his short Batman run and NTT. They bury the hatchet, clearing the deck for Dick to leave the Robin role a few issues later. Amicably, I might add! The original split was one of mutual respect. No punches thrown, no angst!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Man, just looking at that cover brings back nice memories of when comics were still fun! And, to this day, I don't know of any artist as capable as Perez of pulling off an illustration with so many characters and so much going on and yet keeping it clean enough to see everything! Byrne was pretty good at it back in the day, too, but Perez was "The Master."
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Team Jim Aparo or Team Alan Davis?

Last edited by samurainoir; May 31, '15, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

"No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

God, I loved Jim Aparo's art! Did they ever release that art book of his work?

I liked the Outsiders, except for Geo-Force who I thought ( and still do) think is a boring character. Katana is becoming quite the big deal these days, though.
                  The Brave & the Bold was one of my favorite DC books, and I always wondered why the better teamup characters weren't part of the Outsiders team, since this book replaced B&B. My perfect B&B spinoff team would have had Batman, Black Lightning, and Metamorpho, but added Green Arrow, Black Canary, Wildcat, & the purple dressed Catwoman ( semi hero at the time in backup tales).

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^DC was hot on the New X-Men/New Teen Titans formula at the time. Taking a few established heroes and adding a handful of brand-new ones seemed to be akin to printing money during the early 80s. Infinity, Inc. followed this same pattern.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎