X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Okay ... THIS is cool.

I found my copy of the original book at a great price but I know many others have not. Getting a second printing will be amazing. The added content hopefully will match the style of the rest of the book. I'm down with buying a copy.

- Marty

Comment

• imp
      Mego Book Author
      • Apr 20, 2003

Thanks for the kind words. I am pleased and deeply grateful for Figures Toy Co. founder Anthony Balasco, whose vision and passion for all things Mego made this Special Edition a reality. He is 100% the reason this is happening, and I am very appreciative.

I understand there has been some confusion, so perhaps I can clarify some of the questions folks are asking:

First, this is a Special Edition of the original content, presented by Figures Toy Co. There will be grammatical corrections and clarifications, but this is not an Expanded and/or Revised 2nd Edition. There are some minor Mego fact updates, but there is no significant, new Mego content or photography.

Next, the "Bonus Content" is a 10-page addendum, created by the team at Figures Toy Co., that is specific to their own line of Mego-style toys and action figures. These pages will match their own Brand/Identity, and is visually quite different than the book matter.

Finally, the Cover Design is intentionally clean and simple, absent of any copyrighted material. This treatment means the book will be available to Collectors faster, as it won't be delayed by an approvals process. And since the Special Edition will be available exclusively through Figures Toy Co.'s Web site (www.figurestoycompany.com), we figure folks will already know — at least basically — what to expect between the covers.

- Benjamin

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Thanks for the clarification, Ben.

Comment

• alex
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 15, 2009

As long as the quality of printing is the same as yours

Comment

• imp
            Mego Book Author
            • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by alex
            As long as the quality of printing is the same as yours
            Absolutely! This book is going to be 264 pages of glorious, full-color, hardcover AMAZING.

- Benjamin

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm gobsmacked, on several levels.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                WOW, that's AWESOME! FTC is truly the best thing to happen to this format in decades.
                Really??!!?? I guess Doc Mego getting this ball rolling, so to speak, had NOTHING to do with what has happened in the last 17 years. How soon we forget.

As for the book...it's great that Mego collectors will have a second chance at a very resourceful book. Congrats to all that are making this happen.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

Any ides what the price will be?

Comment

• TomStrong
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2011

What great news!! So many thanks to Ben and FTC!! I'll be getting this especially.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 12, 2014

Great!! I love this book and I will buy this SE copy for sure!! May even get two.

Comment

• comicmike
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 22, 2009

the annoucement made me "wow" aloud!

I've often been curious if there was a longer-term relationship here between the great book and the new FTC reMego persons. I have always loved the Mego Joker logo, and noticed it artistically redeveloped in Benjamin's book. The "World's Greatest Toys" Joker book logo then appeared in the FTC Joker ad and packaging: I had this "gee, I wonder..." moment when I began asking myself if some pivotal people were ideed connecting in the right Mego way. Regardless of my conjecture, pure history being made here. This is exciting to read. All good!

Last edited by comicmike; May 29, '15, 6:10 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

YAY! I never knew about this book until the price was too high to procure a copy! Now hopefully the price will be affordable! Congrats to Ben & I only have 1 question for FTC:

FTC: are the FTC WGH "Super Gals" (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, & Supergirl) you photograph for the book going to be what we received (no necks), or will you photograph the prototypes?

Either way I am excited to get a copy of this book FINALLY!!!!

*Very good announcement for the "Holcombless" Folks like me!
                          Last edited by invisiblelad; May 30, '15, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 11, 2013

Have you any idea as to what the price will be for this wonderful book?

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I found out about the original book to late, so I don't know much about it, was it mostly directed towards
                              the WGSH line, and not much info on the other lines like Star Trek, POTA, etc? maybe a second book
                              will be made that will include those lines, but I am very happy to hear this news and will be getting this book
                              wonder if the local comic shops will be getting them in? would save on shipping charges.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                                I found out about the original book to late, so I don't know much about it, was it mostly directed towards
                                the WGSH line, and not much info on the other lines like Star Trek, POTA, etc? maybe a second book
                                will be made that will include those lines, but I am very happy to hear this news and will be getting this book
                                wonder if the local comic shops will be getting them in? would save on shipping charges.
                                Yes it was all WGSH. Very comprehensive, maybe too much so for the general public.
                                I believe Ben has leveled off on the subject and why not once you have written the book how much further can it go?

I'm happy for those who have a second chance at getting this great book.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎