Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Yeah, I can see pizza on my menu several times. Might as well experience as much as I can while I'm here, so it's a different place for every meal.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
      I thought I saw a breakfast set up scrolling thru the photos... Might not be included but available... When you get there it doesn't hurt to ask if this applies to us
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]15469[/ATTACH]
      Originally posted by ScottA
      It better have breakfast.
      I saw that add - made me think we had to sign up and pay for it, but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and prolly not the last. I can have Sean call them today and find out unless yall beat me to it.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

As a one time frequent visitor to Chicago, I can tell you Portillo's is awesome. There is one within walking distance of AYMM and that is where you will find me.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
          Supporter of Silliness
          • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
          As a one time frequent visitor to Chicago, I can tell you Portillo's is awesome. There is one within walking distance of AYMM and that is where you will find me.
          That Portillo's is almost literally across the street from the hotel. You could walk it in probably less than 5 minutes. Everybody should try Portillo's once. It's that good.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
            Supporter of Silliness
            • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by WannabeMego
            Spoke with a very close friend (born & raised in Chicago) and asked for some recommendations...and this is what I got:

Portillo's ( http://www.portillos.com ): Italian Beef & Italian Hot Dog's
            Vito & Nick's ( http://vitoandnicks.com ): Thin Crust (Squared) Pizza (more my style)
            Lou Malnatis' ( http://www.loumalnatis.com ): Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

He also mentioned Giordano's & (The Original) Pizzeria Uno (Downtown) as alternative Deep Dish Pizza Places.

Now if someone can recommend a Good (Traditional) Bagel Place...I'm set for the Weekend
            There's a bagel place right down the street from the hotel that I haven't tried. About 1 mile from the hotel is a place called New York Bagel and Bialy. Go there. Best bagels I've ever had (full disclosure: I go to a different New York Bagel and Bialy, but they're all run the same). Take Skokie Blvd south until you hit Dempster. Make a left and go down about 1/2 mile.

Specialties: Best bagels in the Midwest. Welcome to New York Bagel & Bialy Corporation.A bagel and a cup of coffee in the morning are some of those small details in life that bring great happiness. At New York Bagel & Bialy Corporation, we understand this better than anyone else. We are a family-owned bagel and bialy shop that started in New York and came to the Chicago area in 1966. We now have three convenient locations in Skokie, Lincolnwood, and Niles. We offer a variety of bagels, cream cheeses, salads, fish and meat trays, fresh coffee, sandwich specials, and our famous deli pickles. More specifically, we offer:* Pastries* Mini Bagels* Bagel Chips* Assorted Cream Cheese Spreads* Flats* Smoked Salmon - Lox* And MoreThe next time you are planning a party, let us help you with the food preparations by ordering one of our delicious party trays. Call or visit New York Bagel and Bialy Corporation today for the best bagels in the Midwest. Established in 1965.

Comment

• WannabeMego
              Made in the USA
              • May 2, 2003

Thanx...Good to Know.

A friend of mine, who happens to be a Rabbi, just got back to me and recommended:

Kaufman's ( http://kaufmansdeli.com ): Bagels & Deli

...all this talk about food, I'm gonna come back 20 lbs heavier...OYE!!!
              Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• SentientApe
                Career Member
                • May 1, 2014

Now if someone can recommend a Good (Traditional) Bagel Place...I'm set for the Weekend
                There's a small store called "Bagels and Bialys" on Dempster Road in Skokie, that offers same-day cooked goods. I was introduced to the place some time in the late sixties, and it is still there. I must confess I have not eaten there in many years, but it was where I first fell in love with fresh bagels.

Edit (in a moment) to include the address...

New York Bagel & Bialy, 3556 Dempster, Skokie -- (847)673-9388
                Last edited by SentientApe; Jun 1, '15, 7:05 PM.

Comment

• SentientApe
                  Career Member
                  • May 1, 2014

Oops... I should have read through all the comments before posting that, but I'll leave it be, as it is a much-deserved endorsement along with the others.

Darn... now I'm craving a fresh bagel...

Comment

• Flynne
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 22, 2003

...all this talk about food, I'm gonna come back 20 lbs heavier...OYE!!!
                    Aw yeah, Mego Meet 20!!!
                    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

No breakfast folks.
                      I called the hotel and breakfast is a paid option based on your reservation.
                      My reservation did not include the breakfast option.
                      If I wish to modify my reservation, I can - but breakfast is $14 per person (did not catch if that was per day or per stay) and is payable at that cafe in the hotel, or billable to my room.
                      Breakfast is a buffet style.
                      I’m bringing my Keurig for sure so I don’t have to leave my room and have coffee my way...maybe I’ll bring my skillet and some sausage and eggs LOL...maybe a toaster too. haha

Friday night we usually do pizza - I am assuming that will still be the case.
                      Saturday we used to have the hotdogs, brownies, chips, etc....but this year we won’t have that. Should I bring a slow cooker and hotdogs? (can you tell I am hungry)

Comment

• MegoGeek
                        From The Black Lagoon
                        • Jun 27, 2001

If anyone wants to get their BBQ on Thursday night or whenever there is a place about 20 minutes from the hotel that I eat at at least once a week. Pulled pork chicken brisket ribs burnt ends etc. etc. we should have enough cars to carpool there if anyone's interested.

Here is a link----> http://www.realurbanbbq.com
                        ______
                        ChArLiE

Comment

• Random Axe
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by MegoGeek
                          If anyone wants to get their BBQ on Thursday night or whenever there is a place about 20 minutes from the hotel that I eat at at least once a week. Pulled pork chicken brisket ribs burnt ends etc. etc. we should have enough cars to carpool there if anyone's interested.

Anytime you put the letters b with b and then finish it with q then you have my atention.
                          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                            Supporter of Silliness
                            • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by MegoGeek

That place is really, really good. Every time I go there, I end up with the meat sweats, but in a good way.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                              Supporter of Silliness
                              • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by noelani72
                              No breakfast folks.
                              I called the hotel and breakfast is a paid option based on your reservation.
                              My reservation did not include the breakfast option.
                              If I wish to modify my reservation, I can - but breakfast is $14 per person (did not catch if that was per day or per stay) and is payable at that cafe in the hotel, or billable to my room.
                              Breakfast is a buffet style.
                              I’m bringing my Keurig for sure so I don’t have to leave my room and have coffee my way...maybe I’ll bring my skillet and some sausage and eggs LOL...maybe a toaster too. haha

Friday night we usually do pizza - I am assuming that will still be the case.
                              Saturday we used to have the hotdogs, brownies, chips, etc....but this year we won’t have that. Should I bring a slow cooker and hotdogs? (can you tell I am hungry)
                              That's a bummer about the breakfast. There's a Panera bread across the street and a Corner Bakery in the mall a short walk away. There's also a grocery store right behind the hotel if you want to stock up on stuff.

Comment

• SentientApe
                                Career Member
                                • May 1, 2014

...Or you could load up with a bunch of bagels...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎