X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Damned_Dirty_Ape
    • May 21, 2015

Apes body parts and Star Trek, anyone?

Thanks for looking.

I'm interested in any Apes parts you might have. I recently learned how to string them back together, and I'd like to restore some Apes. I need just two left legs and one right arm to bring two of my generals back to life, but I'm interested in any spare body parts you might have. I should specify that I am mainly looking for the brown parts, as opposed to tan, and that they should be from the earlier body types and not the ones using metal fasteners. (I have these later parts, but I don't know yet how to repair them.)
    I'm also interested in the Trek crew. I had several of the aliens back then, but after learning what they typically sell for, I think I'll wait on most of those. I still have my original Spock, Klingon, and Enterprise set, but the bridge looks so incomplete with only Spock minding the console.

I have a fair bit of stuff to offer in trade, and I certainly understand shipping your part first for obvious reasons. I don't have much in the way of 60s or 70s items to offer, as I keep most of those, but I do have quite a bit of 80s-modern, including a bunch of carded and packaged stuff.
    I'm also glad to send you cash via PayPal if that's more your scene.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this and for any offers. Have a great day.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I know I have a nice restrung Trek type-1 body and a Kirk head in very good condition,
    I will look to see if I might have his shirt too, and anything else Trek I have around, plus
    I also have an extra complete type-2 Kirk with custom box from the Toyroom.

For POTA, I only have a Soldier ape head in very good condition.

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
      • May 21, 2015

Originally posted by tjacwave50
      I know I have a nice restrung Trek type-1 body and a Kirk head in very good condition,
      I will look to see if I might have his shirt too, and anything else Trek I have around, plus
      I also have an extra complete type-2 Kirk with custom box from the Toyroom.

For POTA, I only have a Soldier ape head in very good condition.
      Those parts sound great, thanks! I wouldn't need Kirk in a box, though, as I like them open and free for play. What exactly is "type-2 Kirk" ?

Are you more interested in trading or PayPal?

I should specify for everyone; the parts, clothing, and accessories don't need to be in perfect shape. I enjoy playing with them, so as long as things are in decent condition I'm fine at the end of the day.

Again, thank you.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Sent you a PM

Comment

• BATMAN89
          Mego obsessed!!!
          • Jul 20, 2010

Hey Damned_Dirty_Ape,
          Welcome to the Museum!
          Here is a pic that I put together years ago:

It shows the original Action Jackson T0 body (plastic joints), the Type 1 (metal rivets) used also on A.J., WGSH, and POTA, and the Type 2 (plastic pins) used from 1974 and on for all Megos.

Here is a great reference under Action Jackson. Scroll down to the different body types:
          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
            • May 21, 2015

Originally posted by BATMAN89
            Hey Damned_Dirty_Ape,
            Welcome to the Museum!
            Here is a pic that I put together years ago:

It shows the original Action Jackson T0 body (plastic joints), the Type 1 (metal rivets) used also on A.J., WGSH, and POTA, and the Type 2 (plastic pins) used from 1974 and on for all Megos.

Here is a great reference under Action Jackson. Scroll down to the different body types:
            http://www.megomuseum.com/actionjack...sory/ajac.html
            Hey and thanks, that's super helpful! Yeah, I always figured that the ones with the metal rivets and more rudimentary limbs were the older versions. I had no proof of this, it just felt right.
            I'm sure that many fans would prefer the later body, but it will always be the earlier version(s), for me.

While I'm on the topic, if you don't mind, were the two general Apes available on both main body types? I ask because I have two (maybe three) generals here in pieces, outfits and all, and they are both on metal rivet bodies. These are my originals from childhood.

Thanks again.

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Yes!
              Examples and info here:

And here:

The Mego Museum Galleries are the best references for all Mego figures:
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• scifiguy94
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2009

I have a T1 brown right arm but it needs a hand. The hand was broken off so I heated it and removed the metal rivet stump without damage to the arm.

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
                  • May 21, 2015

Originally posted by scifiguy94
                  I have a T1 brown right arm but it needs a hand. The hand was broken off so I heated it and removed the metal rivet stump without damage to the arm.
                  Thank you, but I'd rather have the limbs with all parts intact. I don't yet trust my skill level enough to not mess something up during a hand transplant. I'm not the most dexterous guy, it took me several hours to get the hang of stringing them back together.

Thanks again, though, and thanks to you guys that have been sending offers. Really having a helluva time with all this stuff, lot of learning and memories flooding back. Been listening to lots of great 60s and 70s music today while going through my remaining childhood toys.

Comment

• scifiguy94
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2009

I understand. Also have these if ever want to add a little custom touch to your trek collection.

005.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎