X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Retro Trek...Prices have gone crazy?

I recently looked up the EMCE Trek stuff and was stunned to see some of the sold prices on Ebay. Gorn averaging $65. Sulu and Chekov keeping up with Gorn. Not as stunned by those because they are new fiugres and ones that people wanted for the longest time. When I see the regular figures going for 30 - 40 each that's when I said What??!!?? I love these figures and will probably end up with them as my Trek Mego Like figures in the collection...but is there a reason for the price surge? I understand they are not being made anymore...but you can get a original mego of Spock and Kirk for less than what you spend on an EMCE.
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

I noticed this awhile back and I think what happened, is over the past few years their were plenty available via sites like Amok Time for 40 or less. Then they dried up around the same time RA first arrived. So a lot of people assumed they would always be available and no longer were, which triggered the first spike. Then a second group didn't even realize they existed until about a two years ago.

As for the original figures, I think it's supply and the economy. It's easy to get a beater or incomplete and find either repro or Playmate pieces for The Big Three.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah,I'm missing some of the EMCE Treks, but seeing the prices, I think I'll pass...
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

prices seem to bottom out whenever I try to sell any. Maybe you just need to wait until then. ;-)
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I just need the Salt Vampire and Captain Pike (which I might pass on anyway). The Salt Vampire is tough to get at a decent price.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I also noticed the surge in price on eBay for the EMCE Trek figures, Dr. Mego has a Khan for $55.00
            and a couple more like Andorian for lower prices, I also noticed the Romulan selling for over $100 on eBay
            some asking almost $200 crazy, I grabbed a Romlan the first day I saw it in the store, I had a feeling that would
            be very pricey in the future and picked up another from the museum marketplace a few months back.

They were supposed to come out with Vina and Chaple but never did, and EMCE came out with Picard and the Borg
            which now seem rare, not sure what there asking on eBay for those.

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
              • May 21, 2015

Wasn't aware the Trek figures were rereleased until a few hours ago, cool. Are they exactly the same as the originals? (I know they could never 'update' that smell, but still in all.)

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I STILL need Mirror Spock, but I have all the others. I do wish Vina and Chapel had gotten made but applaud them for what did.

I'll have the Romulan, Andorian and Mugotu for sale at Mego Meet.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

The EMCE Trek figures have disappeared from local collectible shops in my area over the last six months or so too.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ScottA
                    I STILL need Mirror Spock, but I have all the others. I do wish Vina and Chapel had gotten made but applaud them for what did.

I'll have the Romulan, Andorian and Mugotu for sale at Mego Meet.
                    Ah,yeah; I forgot about the Mirror figures. I skipped those. Almost picked one up to make a Bones, but I was finally able to trade for one at the Marketplace.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I need a reasonable repro Bridge playset.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Look at the prices on Amazon. They have a repro Scottie going for the same price as an original listed on there.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 23, 2011

I picked up all of them except Mirror and Pike/Salt Monster. I got the bridge repro in 2011 for $34.00 on Amazon. It's going for $186.91 now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001F0UO28

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I need a bridge, Scotty, Sulu and Uhura, and the Mirror figures.
                            I'll wait for a bargain to come along, I'm not paying the prices that are out there now.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

Have em all except Khan and mirror..I picked up doubles of all when they first came out.
                              65% of them are in utter pieces as the too tight elastics snapped,and I've been to lazy to restring them.
                              This is what stopped me from gettin the last three figures I need.
                              But yes prices are climbing.
                              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎