Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I must be a wimp for being the only person who favors Thunderdome. Although I'd like to give the previous two another screening.

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

I guess I pick Mad Max 2, if I need to choose.

I agree with Mad Max being a good revenge film.

Beyond Thunderdome is awesome, though, and hits me in many different ways.
      It's the most outrageous and certain things really jump out at me.
      Also, it has the scene when Max unpacks all those weapons, tons of weapons, that is a theme future movies copied. I could never forget the dome itself after the first viewing, or forget Master Blaster. (and all that sand!)

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

I see "Mad Max" in the Mad Max series to be analgous with Alien from the Aliens series---or ---dare I say---- the ST:TMP Trek debut.

These kinds of films are highly focused on the cinematography, and film's "mood/tone"---focusing on the world that the movie encompasses both physical and spiritual ----I guess, the same could be said for Empire. And they are all pretty respectable movies---and some are rated higher by the mainstream than others----it's a tricky business labeling and debating films (or any art)---with all we know about "good" art/"bad art", ya never know how you or the world will judge 'em.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
          I must be a wimp for being the only person who favors Thunderdome. Although I'd like to give the previous two another screening.
          I loved the first part. It was very funny and inventive, especially the arena scene.
          The second part is just too soft. I've seent the movie many times. These days, I just watch the first part, until he goes into exile into the desert.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎