X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

SW Black Series 6" IG-88

This arrived on my door step today. By far my favorite in the 6" line series. Up there with Proto White Fett and Bossk.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Sweet! My son has kind of given up on the Black series. They were a casual purchase when he saw new ones on the shelf, but Hasbro's packout ratio of 10 million Hans, Leias and Greedos killed most stores from getting in new cases.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Hi looks nice. Imagine if they went the extra mile and made him die cast... now that would be something!

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

It's hit or miss on this 6" line for me. Not happy with any of the non-costumed humanoid characters. Fett, Stormtroopers and Vader are great but otherwise I'm all about the aliens and bounty hunters. Definitely the ESB line and from the looks maybe some from the TFA.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Got my IG-88, Boushh and Emperor today----wondering why this line's distribution is SO mistreated---you'd think I'd be used to it by now, having had similar trouble way back with the DCUC line. Apparently toy-collecting in the mainstream has blurred it's line into the "adult collectibles" genre when it comes to distribution/ purchase accessibility.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Great looking figure.
            I'm glad I didn't start collecting them, though. But I'll probably pick up one, to get a small taste. These days, I'm happy with just a token example in the collection.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

I will say THIS about our good ol' pal IG-88 in the Black Series here.

I suppose only SeattleEd can answer this---but I'm noticing a couple letdowns with IG-88.

Is it me, or does he seem to be a bit puny/undersized overall?

Also, is it too harsh to expect him to have joined arms and/or knees?

I love the Black Series line---and I WANT to be it's main "cheerleader" but while SeattleEd puts this as his favorite in the series---it's design as mentioned in those two criticisms have made it one of my least favorite (as far as the OT, releases anyways).

Hey Ed---I do agree Bossk could be the best in the series. Bossk's probably my favorite in the series, actually, Which is probably additional fuel for why a lacking or two in IG-88, a fellow bounty-hunter, makes IG-88 that much more of a disappointment.

I WILL say it's the best sculpt 've ever seen in an IG-88 figure---and, you know, I've seen quite a bit over the years. It's a sharp sculpt all around--- a lot of striking intricate work alongside more complex hands than I've ever seen on this character, plus a veryunique holster slung across the robot's back. Pretty cool.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎