Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

can't believe its a Batman free wave!! They looks perfect.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

I love the wave..buying all 4...but you mean to tell me that FTC could not of added a freeze gun for freeze???

Comment

• doink1
        • Jul 31, 2014

Museum home page... Right side, facebook icon

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

All 4 look great.

But all 4 are an easy skip for me.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Toycade
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jul 8, 2014

Best wave yet? I think a villains accessory pack is nothing short of a certainty at this point with the absence of Freeze's gun. Tut is just wonderful. I can already tell I won't be able to keep him and Freeze in stock. Since this wave is missing a Batman, I highly encourage everyone to go right now and purchase our exclusive Vote For Batman figure. Sorry, got to plug it every chance I get.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 21, 2009

King Tut, Bookworm, Mr. Freeze and Alfred -- a great group if you ask me. Looking forward to these.

I am little concerned that all of FTC's announcement's simply say "later in 2015" or "later this year." I don't think there is any way they can deliver all this stuff in the fourth quarter, and indeed, it would be counter-productive for them to do so. My guess is that the release of many of these items won't be until next year.

BTW, what's with the mid-week reveals of things like the Super Friends? Surely that's great material for their Friday announcements.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

A wave with no Batman or Robin was unexpected but welcome. And these are all much demanded characters.

Alfred: Good looking figure, head is about even scale with the best of the '66 figures, just a miss on the likeness here. Not enough to pass on him, as it's obvious who he's supposed to be.

Tut-tut: Finally. The likeness is excellent, Buono all the way. THe costume looks really good, as well. Head's a little on the big side, but he's portly, his head was a tad bigger in a lot of shots because of his girth, and I think the headpiece is a bit high and loose in the shot, making it look a little bigger still. Not perfect, but more than worth getting. He's Tut-tut. 'Nough said.

Bookworm: Good likeness, and it looks like they used a somewhat shiny material instead of pleather, which is probably the best idea. Honestly, unless they got some really thin, expensive pleather, the suit would have been way too stiff and bulky at this scale. Love the hat, though I want to see a shot of him out of the package with it on.

Freeze: Wild! Tied with Tut on the quality of the likeness, maybe even edging him out; no mistaking Preminger here. Head's on the upper end of in-scale with the earlier figures, so it's not perfect, but not bad. Nice detailing in the costuming. The quality on him and Tut I think will make them the stars of the wave.

A really good assortment, nothing to pass on here (any other Batman or robin would be a pass at this point; already skipped most of the ones made so far). Likenesses are a little scattered with Alfred missing the mark, but he's the only real miss. I hope these go up for sale soon.

Really good reveal this time, with finished product hopefully ready to go up for pre-order soon.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Overall Batastic Wave!

Alfred- Was not expecting regular suited version so soon after EE Alfred in apron exclusive was announced! This is why I am passing on EE exclucives! Loved Alan Napier as Alfred, he's my favorite actor to play Alfred (sorry Michael Caine!) So happy to get him! He'll answer the Batphone for me! Good likeness and glasses, too!

Bookworm- Love ya, Roddy! Good likeness! Suit appears to be vinyl intead of cloth which is perfect because it was leather on show! Glasses, too! Bookworm only appeared once on show so we're lucky to get him!

King Tut!- STANDOUT of wave! Best looking figure in wave, so colorful! Another great likeness! Probably my favorite show created character! Nice surprise! I remember when REAL King Tut's TOMB and TREASURE were found and went on exhibition in 70s when I was a kid! My Mom always regretted not seeing it in Dallas! Love Steve Martin King Tut song, too! "King of the Ramses! Buried in his jammies! KING TUT!"

Mr Freeze- COOL! Saw head sculpt a year ago and still perfect as is freeze suit! 2nd favorite in wave after Tut! No freeze gun?!

WAVE 5 BETTER BE:

Catwoman Newmar!

BATGIRL

Barbara Gordon

Chief O'Hara

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

saw this pic...maybe if we ask enough,FTC will give us the gun in a bad guy accessory pack

FreezeRifle.jpg

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Tut doesn't seem as ......fat. Might just be the way the costume is.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

Perfect, Thank You Figures Toy Company!
                        These toys are wonderful.
                        sigpic

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                          King Tut, Bookworm, Mr. Freeze and Alfred -- a great group if you ask me. Looking forward to these.

I am little concerned that all of FTC's announcement's simply say "later in 2015" or "later this year." I don't think there is any way they can deliver all this stuff in the fourth quarter, and indeed, it would be counter-productive for them to do so. My guess is that the release of many of these items won't be until next year.

BTW, what's with the mid-week reveals of things like the Super Friends? Surely that's great material for their Friday announcements.

Save your Bat Pennies, they are coming this year with many more from the Bat TV Show series!

Comment

• nobody
                            banjo!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

I look forward to the Thursday reveals more usually. Like this one though.

Comment

• nobody
                              banjo!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
                              saw this pic...maybe if we ask enough,FTC will give us the gun in a bad guy accessory pack

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15393[/ATTACH]
                              Link and his 3D printer to the rescue?

Comment

• drogge
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 24, 2009

This set looks fantastic! When are they coming, I am guessing August will start to see some of the newly announced product shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎