Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate haunted house movie is coming....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

The ultimate haunted house movie is coming....

Crimson Peak looks freaking amazing. The house itself is like something out of a nightmare.

• drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

It has a chance to be good! I almost think they gave away too much in the trailer, but it was cool that Loki, Tom Hiddleston is in it.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

Will look out for it !

Comment

• VinMan
        Career Member Mego Maniac
        • Sep 6, 2012

Ya. Had not heard of this. Looks amazing!!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

After seeing Pacific Rim 3D, Del Toro is my latest favorite director. He has such a sly wit and a wink to the audience that comes through in his work. Can't wait for this.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Yes, this looks like it could be great! I stopped watching part way through the trailer as I thought they were giving too much away.
            I watched a decent horror film (found footage) called The Houses October Built and it was pretty good but could have been great with a larger budget. It was about a group of young folks travelling to different walk through horror houses in the US.

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Yes, this looks like it could be great! I stopped watching part way through the trailer as I thought they were giving too much away.
              I watched a decent horror film (found footage) called The Houses October Built and it was pretty good but could have been great with a larger budget. It was about a group of young folks travelling to different walk through horror houses in the US.
              HMM I really wonder, quite a long time back it was mentioned that Del Toro was going to do a remake of Disney's Haunted Mansion. I wonder if this was partly made from the "remains" of that project?
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by mazinz
                HMM I really wonder, quite a long time back it was mentioned that Del Toro was going to do a remake of Disney's Haunted Mansion. I wonder if this was partly made from the "remains" of that project?
                I know Del Toro is super artistic so style-wise the design seems to fit him well, but I could totally see this being the setting of the Disney Haunted Mansion movie.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                  • Jan 22, 2008

Ryan Gosling was just cast to be in Del Toro's Haunted Mansion adaptation. Seems a little odd he's doing two haunted house movies back to back.

While I think this one looks decent, it doesn't seem to have the fun that I'm expecting from the Disney film.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Looking forward to this.
                    I love Del Toro's work. If only he had done Hobbit, as intended. If you look at the "making of" of Hellboy II, he had so much stuff made for on-set use, that even the things you though had to be CG, weren't. All his creature were really there. Yeah, George Lucas, it can be done!
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I wish they would've given Star Wars Episode VII or VIII to Del Toro. He's got the perfect sensibilities for it. He can inspire drama and awe, but he's also childlike (not childish) when he needs to be.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎