X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by BATMAN89
    If you guys can stock both eventually, you will have one for slimmer characters, and one for buff types. That would be awesome!
    The arms only look more buff because of the added muscle definition, they're actually the same size as the standard arms. Other than the noticeable articulation differences the shoulders and legs are the only parts that have increased in size.

Originally posted by darkbros
    Awesome! that is the news I've been waiting for, bodies going on sale!
    Marking the calendar to remember to place the order first day of Meet.
    Questions: 1. will the discount also apply to African American Bodies, and 2. will
    the upgrade kit also be made for the African American and Clear bodies?
    The discount will only apply to the Caucasian and brown bodies, not the clear or glow. For now there are no plans to make these upgrade kits for the brown bodies, which unfortunately have been slow sellers.
    Last edited by ZICA; May 20, '15, 6:28 AM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Kudos to you guys. Type S is the best Mego body ever, period, bar none, there is no argument.

You've single handedly, IMO, solved the biggest issue that has plagued this genre of toy collecting for years. Every other company has failed to produce a body even remotely close to this and 99% have failed to even create a body that's comparable to the design of the vintage Mego body. Type S saved my interest in Mego, after years of dealing with shoddy bodies that didn't satisfy me.

To that end, this upgrade is a great way to be able to bring certain characters to life even more and while I may not "upgrade" every body, it will definitely be key on certain figures who could use some added poseability.

So in short, THANKS and great work!

This hobby would truly be, in a much sadder state without the Type S.

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

very nice they look more muscular too.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          Kudos to you guys. Type S is the best Mego body ever, period, bar none, there is no argument.

You've single handedly, IMO, solved the biggest issue that has plagued this genre of toy collecting for years. Every other company has failed to produce a body even remotely close to this and 99% have failed to even create a body that's comparable to the design of the vintage Mego body. Type S saved my interest in Mego, after years of dealing with shoddy bodies that didn't satisfy me.

To that end, this upgrade is a great way to be able to bring certain characters to life even more and while I may not "upgrade" every body, it will definitely be key on certain figures who could use some added poseability.

So in short, THANKS and great work!

This hobby would truly be, in a much sadder state without the Type S.
          Thanks for the compliments, they're greatly appreciated.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
            The discount will only apply to the Caucasian and brown bodies, not the clear or glow. For now there are no plans to make these upgrade kits for the brown bodies, which unfortunately have been slow sellers.
            Aw man that sucks Craig. But ok, I understand you gotta put the money where the product is moving.
            To that I have to ask, any chance of maybe making an African American Head like the AJ heads?
            a Bearded or Non Bearded head might go a long way to moving those bodies....

In any event, thanks for all you and Dave do...I'll do my best to get some of that African American Body stock
            moving June 5th!
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by odbjbg
              kudos to you guys. Type s is the best mego body ever, period, bar none, there is no argument.

You've single handedly, imo, solved the biggest issue that has plagued this genre of toy collecting for years. Every other company has failed to produce a body even remotely close to this and 99% have failed to even create a body that's comparable to the design of the vintage mego body. Type s saved my interest in mego, after years of dealing with shoddy bodies that didn't satisfy me.

To that end, this upgrade is a great way to be able to bring certain characters to life even more and while i may not "upgrade" every body, it will definitely be key on certain figures who could use some added poseability.

So in short, thanks and great work!

This hobby would truly be, in a much sadder state without the type s.
              100% agree!

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by darkbros
                Aw man that sucks Craig. But ok, I understand you gotta put the money where the product is moving.
                To that I have to ask, any chance of maybe making an African American Head like the AJ heads?
                a Bearded or Non Bearded head might go a long way to moving those bodies....

In any event, thanks for all you and Dave do...I'll do my best to get some of that African American Body stock
                moving June 5th!
                African American heads are definitely on the "to do" list, and I even have an African American character in development for a new project.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

NICE! I really like that upgrade. I'll definitely be ordering those when they're available. That's a significant update where my tastes come into play. Great job!!!

Comment

• nobody
                    banjo!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

I don't see a big difference. Do you have a side by side comparison?

Comment

• Tigger
                      • Jul 15, 2014

Originally posted by megoknight
                      Umm.. bicep swivels, double jointed elbows, thigh swivels, and double jointed knees. The limbs look completely different but much better!

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megoknight
                        Originally posted by Tigger
                        Umm.. bicep swivels, double jointed elbows, thigh swivels, and double jointed knees. The limbs look completely different but much better!
                        No side by side comparison pic but the upgrade kits offers the following improvements:

1) Larger shoulder pieces
                        2) Swivel biceps
                        3) Double jointed elbows
                        4) More muscular legs
                        5) Double jointed knees

There are no thigh swivels, it only looks like that because of how the prototype pieces were made.

Comment

• nobody
                          banjo!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
                          No side by side comparison pic but the upgrade kits offers the following improvements:

1) Larger shoulder pieces
                          2) Swivel biceps
                          3) Double jointed elbows
                          4) More muscular legs
                          5) Double jointed knees

There are no thigh swivels, it only looks like that because of how the prototype pieces were made.
                          Unless people have double jointed knees and elbows, I don't see the need on those two. Female figure are another subject.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

The double joints, I'm assuming, will probably allow for some McFarlane-esque Spidey poses for the body. In which case, I GOTTA get a set of the new limbs!
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I think the original body will be better for characters with no sleeves or wearing shorts, like Robin.

But the new body should offer a lot of possibilities and the joints will be covered. We are basically getting into 1/6 scale body types now.

The downside is that the clothes for some of the current figures on the market, like FTC figures, are tight and double jointed joints might not be much benefit for body swaps.

It would be fun to try a body swap with Gilligan and see if you can put him in the crossed leg sitting position!

Comment

• David Lee
                                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                                • Jun 10, 2002

There will be bodies at MM... they'll probably go fast...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎