Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12" Goliath -- Avenger! and third super-hero incarnation of Dr. Hank Pym

Figure 12" Goliath -- Avenger! and third super-hero incarnation of Dr. Hank Pym

After being Ant-Man and Giant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym unveils Goliath in The Avengers #28 (May 1966). Cover art by Jack Kirby and Frank Giacoia. Does anybody else here think this guy has multiple-personality disorder?

A mishap traps the character in giant form for several issues, and affects his self-esteem. After regaining control of his size-shifting ability, Pym creates a robot called Ultron that accidentally achieves sapience and becomes one of the Avengers's greatest foes.

Goliath is made from an original 12" Mego "skinny" body; head an enlargement from a Marvel Universe Wal-Mart exclusive figure with paints by me; suit by yours truly; boots and oven-mitts by drmego.com; and belt an enlarged CTVT Conan belt cast in yellow.

Avengers Assemble!

Here is the Wal-Mart exclusive figure:

A BIG thank you to Dr Mego/Paul Clarke for making the oven-mitts especially for this project. You all know I am Megoesque to a fault and the oven-mitts, along with the enlarged Conan belt, simply had to be included.

I hope you enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking!

Peace, Love, and 12" Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Images
    Great job Austin! Looks factory produced by Mego itself.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Images
    Blog Entries
    nice, he looks great with the Mego figures!!
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Friggen sweet!

Images
    Blog Entries
    This is fantastic--I can hardly believe the slick job you did on the belt, too.

Could the goggles be glossed or contrasted, as in the MU figure? Just a suggestion, might tie-in with the other accessories a bit.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    The Conan belt is really inspired and exactly what Mego would have done.

And with this, you are Lord Oven Mitts. I never thought I'd see them on a 12".

Excellent job.

Images
    Really nice job on this one, Austin! Looks like he just stepped off the pages of THE AVENGERS.
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    OK. That is ****ing awesome!
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Images

Images
    That is so cool! He looks perfect.