X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megoknight
    Do we?, Caps in the pic with the casket.
    and, uhh, Cap would have an American flag on his. Gotta be Peggy.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

British... they are introducing Martin Freeman, only to kill him?!
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
        Latest notes said Panther is after Winter, separate from a Cap and a Falcon.

My guess is Winter kills The King of Wakanda while in cahoots with Klaw...so Klaws arm-tech will derive from Winter's.

Killing characters in Marvel is idiotic after Coulson and Fury.
        Panther's dad T'Chaka is killed by Klaw in the comics, so it makes sense in your scenario, making way for the new king of Wakanda, T'Challa. And, BTW Coulson got better.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Is it me or does this already feel like Avengers 3? Looks to be a great start to the registration act but as a film, these movies are getting so integrated they're going to cease to carry much distinction from one another outside of the rotation of who gets extra screen time based on the title.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Thunder - yeah. Coulson got better...and that's the problem!

I was honestly hoping they would cast Adawale aka Mr Eko, as Man-Ape and have him kill the king. Then again, I always felt Falcon's tech should have been Wakandan in origin and Kraven as Panther's main enemy.

This became A3 because of BvS. My gut says they originally planned for Civil War to spread across two movies, but decided to make all the TV shows about Civil War.

All the TV properties fit a nice registration angle. SHIELD is already after the Inhumans. Murdock is a defense lawyer. Cage is a bounty hunter, Night Nurse secretly helps injured heroes. it's a cheap enough idea that doesn't call for super battles every ten minutes.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Its perfectly normal comic lore for dead people to come back, so its nice to see the movies/tv embrace that bit of absurdity.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                Is it me or does this already feel like Avengers 3?
                Yeah, I'm imagining just like the first Captain America movie was called First Avenger in certain overseas markets, there might be cause to call this Avengers: Civil War in those countries. Alternatively, there is probably contractual reasons for keeping this as a Captain America movie despite the huge expansion. I think the Russo Bros have said that their original intention was to follow up on the Winter Soldier storyline (Serpent Society?), but things obviously changed Big Time during negotiations with Robert Downey Jr.

I think we're going to start seeing much more of these kind of ensembles to undermine the Star Power influence someone like Downey now has over the cinematic marvel universe. I think Civil War takes Chris Evans up to the end of his current contract, and they have both Winter Soldier/Bucky and Falcon waiting in the wings if they aren't able to sign him back... and if that is the case, they simply bolster the cast with Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Ant-Man, War Machine, Vision, Scarlet Witch etc. etc. They can't be held hostage by any one actor.

Ditto Chris Helmsworth. with the revelation of Lady Thor, they HAVE an existing cast member/supporting character ready to replace him for a fourth installment or for Avengers Infinity War. I think we might start seeing that set-up as a possibility given how well received Lady Thor has been.
                Last edited by samurainoir; May 19, '15, 4:27 PM.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

I doubt you'll see a stand alone Cap or Thor without Evans or Hemsworth. The scale Marvel works at now makes it very hard to pull back for a reboot's budget, and when you replace the main actor, it's a reboot for the marketing department.

Marvel Films can't play the "Heroes gone, Heroes back" comic book game with living actors as they actually age. So if Hemsworth or Evans bolts, it can't be for more than one movie, and at that point it's still at least another four years before they reappear. An actor could find a whole new interest in that time.

But the real killer is Marvel's cheapness. Hemsworth and Evans are going to want RDJ's contract, and Perlmutter has been fighting Paying Downey since IM2. I see that guy calling for a total recasting and shuffling the character into the Avengers backdrop. I already think that's the plan, for when you look at Phase IV or whatever silliness they call it, they have no plans for the Big Three. It's Strange, Panther, Capt Marvel, Inhumans, Guardians and a commitment to Avengers.

Also have to remember Evans turned down Cap on at least two occasions. He's even commented that before Avengers was released, he never expected the full contract to play out.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                      I'm the Star Spangled Man
                      • May 21, 2011

sigpic
                      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

The realstanlee.com site also has a short video of Cap and Crossbones in action:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                            I'm the Star Spangled Man
                            • May 21, 2011

sigpic
                            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎