X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by boss
    I'm not sure that I would be able to identify the line inspiration for this figure (Super Friends) if I stumbled across this by itself.
    THIS. Quoted for Truth.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I've been told the head size is fine and it's just the way the pic was taken.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

The first thing I focused on was how thick the boots were. Then I noticed how HUGE that head looks. The sculpt looks good and otherwise the costume is a definite hit.

I was hoping for the red version of the Batman 66 boots.

Why is it that everything from FTC seems to need some modification before I'm willing to display it? It is a good thing they make their packaging re-sealable. Otherwise I probably would never buy their stuff.

Oh well. More sales for Dr Mego bodies in hopes that they will help tone down that head. I would probably also get the red Batman 66 boots if the boots it comes with are really that thick.

Ooo, took a second look that will probably ruin this for everyone. Add bell bottoms and you have Super Elvis!

And no. This does not make up for teasing us with the next Batman 66 wave and then taking that hint back. *&!!$#@@#!

JeffBearCO
        Last edited by jeffbearco; May 14, '15, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
          I'd initially thought that the time lag was due to FTC correcting the oversized head problem, but if this Superman is any indication...who knows?
          I was hoping that, as well, but that's apparently not the case. Never thought I'd say this about a DC Mego line, but I'm officially out as far as this line goes. And the same goes for any further figures with oversized heads. If they aren't fixing the problem, I'm passing from here on in. As for claims it's the way the pic was taken, I've heard that before, and those shots show the chest straight on, not at an angle. It's not the pic, it's the head.

I was extremely excited when FTC got the DC license, and was quite happy with the first waves of repros. Now I'm just getting disgusted with each new reveal, as it's becoming obvious talk of correcting the huge heads was nothing but lip service. Guess I'll be saving a lot of money over the next few years, and that actually makes me very sad here...
          Last edited by scott metzger; May 14, '15, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I think it looks fine, overall. I don't care for the teeth showing either. That's odd, I think. A smiling Super Friends Superman would be much more fitting, in my opinion.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

This is also why the weekly hype can backfire. build up... build up... wait for the announcement.... and are you on the edge of your seat yet... the reveal is a major letdown. If you build hype for a bunt... the bunt seems even more like a letdown, if you hit home runs.. the hype is automatic when you step up to the plate and it's warranted. If you are revealing something thats not so hot, you are better off not hyping it.

I feel like when CTTV got the DC license a lot of people were worried that they would crap it up based on their previous product. The first Batman wave came out and it wasn't too bad... the bodies were somewhat weak and strung too tight, but everything else about them was a pretty good repo. The Batman 66 stuff came out and I think they shocked a lot of people that something that good could come from CTTV. That raised the bar and the expectations.

Third wave of Batman had the massive headed Alfred.. then the exclusives and repackaging the same figures over and over started happening. The fist fighters were pretty good, but I think a lot of people paid extra for them and would rather of have cheaper non-fist fighter versions first (but they came out later)....

Then you had superman wave 1 and the huge headed Bizarro. And the female figure neckless humped over body issues. More and more repackaging of the same early batman, batman 66 and superman figures.

Now we've had weekly hype to probably help them keep going... drum up sales... since I know I for one have dropped off buying anything because of the issues and repackaging. There seems to be delays in new product... just hype.. and some more repackaged figures.

Now you have superfriends superman (I guess it's him, can't recognise him) with a huge noggin and giant rubber boots. Whats next series 1 batman in window boxes?

You want my money? Put out new characters that have proportionate heads and bodies that aren't junk. When that happens I will order again, if I am not too turned off by then.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                SF Superman should have a grin, not a grimace!
                He looks like a snarky hillbilly in need of an Orthodontist.
                MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

at least they got the hair right............

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 12, 2004

That thing is uglier than Chemtoy Superman.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Tough audience as always.

I'm thrilled to see SF megos coming!!!!
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

I was very excited about the SF line announcement but seeing this figure with oversized head has killed it for me. The head size will not change. When this figure is released it will have the same oversized head. Just like Galactica and SMDM this is going to be another dream line for many of us here that will be ruined by oversized heads. If important characters like Superman are releases flawed like this less important and secondary characters won't matter regardless of how they look. We will have lost interest by the time they are released just like we did with Galactica and SMDM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Is this a Superman figure for Batman 1966? The teeth, the TEETH.....WHY????

This doesn't look animated & I agree with TOYROOM, this looks like a put your face on a figure of some real dude dressed up "like" Superman. I thought ROBIN looked too animated to use those 66 gloves, & wished they had molded plastic gloves like Mego's Mr. Fantastic. I got over having Robin look so animated & that I'd have to buy characters for all of the Super Friends & Legion of Doom animated style, in addition to the same characters IF FTC made WGH that looked like MEGOs (Not detailed Batman 66 style which I also WAS buying). Superman is a FAIL to me. If SUPERMAN's production figure is radically different, & NOT a sign of things to come style wise from these FTC Super Friends figures, I'll buy x2 of each figure in this line. UNFORTUNATELLY I am losing almost all my interest in FTC products more & more.

FTC, You are LOSING a LOT of my $$$. Why?

1.) WGH - that look too detailed & HEADS are way too BIG (Gordon, Alfred, & protoypes of Ras & Scarecrow).
                          FTC WGH NEW characters (except Lois) DO NOT LOOK MEGO to me. They look Batman 66 detail wise & have too much paint & sculpt details.

2.) Batman 1966 - Too many Variants has me bored & therefore I skipped the whole Batman 66 WAVE 3 (x2) Won't pay $25+S/H, EE doesn't offer Shame & Hatter separately.

3.) QC issues. None of my open FF work well at all. More body issues on my tons of FTC figures than figures without issues. None can keep their arms up but TT & Pengy.

4.) MEGO aesthetic. The sculpt styles are all over the place in these lines. I only speak for myself (+ a few of my collector friends), but I was hoping for NEW characters that fit with Mego's WGSH. I LOVE the idea of improved versions of the early WGSH, but didn't expect the new characters to look so different from what "Mego would have done in later years" in my mind's eye. I didn't picture a BIG headed Gordon with detailed hair sculpts & paint details. I think the NEW WGH are too detailed & heads are too big so far. The NEW Super Friends Superman is NOT matching the source material to me (in Prototype @ least). The Batman 66 figures so far (-minus Egghead's oversized head) have been the best of FTC's offerings. I want more but am concerned as to how they might turn out now. BUT from the Stooges, Alfred, Bizarro, Gordon, Solomon Kane, Kull & Protos of Ras & Jayna....those BIG heads are killing the excitement I had that was once so strong.
                          Last edited by invisiblelad; May 14, '15, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• mikeoz
                            Mego Maker
                            • Mar 9, 2007

I think the head sculpt may have been based heavily off this reference picture:
                            Attached Files
                            Looking for:
                            Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                              Tough audience as always.

I'm thrilled to see SF megos coming!!!!
                              A Super Friends Mego?

Is that what that Superman figure is?

I kid---like, I said above, the belt is a major problem... and the sculpt is a "miss" although---like someone said, the hair is pretty "SF"---and I see what they were going for. The open mouth could have easily been a closed one...but since it's open... they could've just left it unpainted. What's with these guys and RED lips---- especially on a figure based on a show where the only character with red lips was Wonder Woman. Throw some of your kid's OXY Cover-Up on the mouth and it'll help.

But, really, all the other mistakes are pretty minor. Unfortunately, I think this is more than a "tough crowd" thing---I could be mistaken, but the overall consensus on SF Supes seems more negative than usual.... and it's not good to see---it's the "big guy" in the SF, ya know? A pivotal piece in a line that we'd like to see hit 20 plus unique characters.

Originally posted by jayraytee
                              This is also why the weekly hype can backfire. build up... build up... wait for the announcement.... and are you on the edge of your seat yet... the reveal is a major letdown. If you build hype for a bunt... the bunt seems even more like a letdown, if you hit home runs.. the hype is automatic when you step up to the plate and it's warranted. If you are revealing something thats not so hot, you are better off not hyping it.
                              Sadly, someone at the Museum and someone at FTC thought it a clever union and a clever gimmick-----wish the MM woulda made this kinda cross-promotional pact with Doc/EMCE--- I respect Doc-----FTC spends more time on marketing schemes to feed the lemmings than on reasonable customer attention, and it's just not cool---but, I've said that from the start WAY before the "MM weekly announcement" bit.

I was really looking forward to the FTC SF line. And Gleek and Jayna and Robin really gave me hope----and, I'm trying my best with SF Supes, but as indicated by many MM members, the Supes shows FTC still has a bit to go as far as "hitting the mark"---they must be rushing things at certain points---'cause they HAVE shown that they can be a solid toy-making company despite their spotty releases.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                                2.) Batman 1966 - Too many Variants has me bored & therefore I skipped the whole Batman 66 WAVE 3 (x2) Won't pay $25+S/H, EE doesn't offer Shame & Hatter separately.[/B]
                                Buy Shame and Madhatter from FTC directly ........they are both worth getting especially if you accumulating 66 Batman villains

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎