• May 27, 2011

Boots and head look bad, easy pass.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• houseofdracula
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 11, 2011

I like it.
      The face looks a little like an Osmond Brother to me (maybe Alan).
      My only worry is that the emblem looks like it could peel off.
      The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
      https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

Another giant head...

This, along with SF Robin's oversized noggin means I'll be passing on this whole line.

C'mon FTC, get it together---I really want to buy your products, but the giant heads are an absolute deal-breaker.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

It's taken 3 and a half MONTHS to get a NEW Super Friends pic! WHERE is the ENTIRE Wave 1 by NOW?!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

I'd initially thought that the time lag was due to FTC correcting the oversized head problem, but if this Superman is any indication...who knows?

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by rche
              I don't know if the head is too big, or if the body is just not buff enough. I am leaning towards the body being a bit slight for supes.
              Starting to wonder if that's an unrecognized problem. FTC bodies have always run smaller in proportion to original Mego.

So take a head that's a tad larger, then put it on a smaller-scale body, and we get World's Greatest Bobble Heads.

Has anyone modified a Bizarro with a Type S, EMCE or original Mego body? I would be interested in the comparison.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                Custom Mego Maker
                • Jun 3, 2007

wow.
                lots of mego people already not liking this.
                I guess that's expected.

I think Superman looks GREAT! Looking forward to purchasing!
                keep making megos, FTC!
                Last edited by Mego Milk; May 14, '15, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

I think the suit looks nice. The head being too big just kills it for me, though.

Either FTC is serious about correcting the head scale issues or they're not. They've said they recognize the problem and are taking steps to fix it, yet the photos they are sharing still have the size issue. I just want them to be honest about what's going on. If we're not going to see any fixes for another year or so, just tell us. If the oversized heads are a design choice, just tell us. For them to keep saying they recognize the problem but continue to show new figures with oversized heads is just going to tick off a significant portion of their customer base.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                    w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                    • Sep 17, 2008

Since this is undoubtedly a prototype, I’ll reserve my opinions till later on when we get better pics of the production release. Fingers crossed big time that this line kicks major tookus, because I REALLY want to want this entire line!
                    MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

I like it overall...but I think what's throwing the headsculpt off is the jaw. Superman's jaw was wider than the top of his head on the show, and he's missing the cleft in his chin.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

FTC really needs to make some body upgrades for characters like this. To me the head looks too long. The Freddy Mercury teeth aren't helping.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          FTC really needs to make some body upgrades for characters like this. To me the head looks too long. The Freddy Mercury teeth aren't helping.
                          SUPES! AH-AAAAAA! He'll save every one of us!

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

He kinda looks asian to me, something out of a manga production

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

It's funny that something as small as the belt is the major offender that throws everything off. Yes, there is a LOT "wrong" about the details of the head sculpt---starting with the size----BUT, I see what they were going for---it really is the definition of "a swing and a miss" whereas their Robin head sculpt was very good. Yes, the boots are a bit thick, but I felt the same way about the Mattel Retro hero boots, but changed my mind when I had some of the figures in person.

I'd pick this guy up eventually----heck, I'd pick up any Re-Mego with the "Super Friends" name on it eventually. The reason I won't do it right away is because, yeah, it's not spectacular, and, frankly, my DC Direct SF Supes will tide me over for a long time.

I think the real "tempters" of this line---the ones that'll haunt me til I'm able to purchase them, are characters like Grodd, Brainiac, Toyman, a "SF" recolored Capt. Cold----figures that are really unique to the toy world.

Wendy, Marvin & Wonderdog? If they release those---I THINK---even though I have great DCUC-type customs of them, I'd still buy FTC's right off the bat----those releases would be the MOST unique.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

I just hope they get BATMAN "right"...if they do that, it won't bother me to pass on the rest of the SF line. Please...no goofy open mouth smile on Batman.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎