• Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
    Hmmm.. looks familiar..

Hahaha - I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

Thats because she is a girl, and looks hoter in the suit. Oh yeeeeaaaaa!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by the bat
      ya know hector...i agree! I waited 10 years for welling to put on the suit and i get 30 seconds at the finale? Bull$#@*!! Supergirl gets to put on the suit right away...not fair!

Comment

• MEMEGO
        Career Member
        • Sep 6, 2007

This is going to be awesome.awwwweeessssommmmmeeee. I love it, best she on tv by dc/warner.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
          Ya know Hector...I AGREE! I waited 10 years for Welling to put on the suit and I get 30 seconds at the finale? Bull$#@*!! Supergirl gets to put on the suit right away...not fair!
          You sound like Sheldon during The Big Bang season finale.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            Man, that second trailer was fantastic, too. Obviously aimed a bit more at the adrenaline junkies who want to see just what Supergirl can do. Now I just have to decide which one I'll watch live or recorded; SG or GOTHAM?!? GAH!!!!
            Easy, DVR both, as I always do. I NEVER watch any show live. For one, I only watch shows really late into the night, I'm talking after midnight, that's my down time. Second, I can't stand commercials...so when it's all recorded, I just fast forward all that junk...and I hardly lose any continuity.

I love Gotham, my favorite show right now. But believe me, I'm going to fall in love with Supergirl too...so they will both get the same love, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Is it just me? But that Supergirl actress slightly resembles Helen Slater...which is a good thing.
              sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

I think it's more a fresh innocent, well-meaning-but-stumbling girl-next-door quality that's the same as Slater had. Which is good, instead of the tarty, too-much-cleavage, snarky thing that seems to pass for characterization in young female characters in comics and on TV these days.

Originally posted by Hector
                Is it just me? But that Supergirl actress slightly resembles Helen Slater...which is a good thing.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

She better since Helen Slater and Dean Cain are playing Mom and Pop Danvers!
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• WannabeMego
                    Made in the USA
                    • May 2, 2003

Looks like a good show...I'm in.

Glad to see a good role model (minus the actresses video) for girl's on Prime Time.

Hope it succeeds & maintains the theme presented in the trailer.
                    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Here's a pretty good article on some of the criticisms being leveled at the Supergirl preview...

The Supergirl upfront has garnered strong reactions online, not all of it positive. Here's a response to its critics...

For what it's worth, I'm not a teenage girl, and I still like what I'm seeing. I see more "Flash" in this than I do "Lois and Clark." Oh, and, admittedly, the preview does have a similar tone to the Black Widow pseudo-movie trailer from SNL, but keep in mind that this preview has likely been in the works for some time (I'd say at least a couple of months in order for the effects people to have gotten some of their shots in), so perhaps the SNL people caught wind of said preview and modeled the BW piece after it instead of the other way around...
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

thanks for that ,a great read ,just reposted that on the sideshow freaks forum ,not sure if many will be receptive to its message lol ,
                        but he flash seems popular so who knows
                        saw this linked and thought it worth highlighting here for those who may of missed it

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                          Looks entertaining and could definitely be in a shared universe with The Flash and Arrow, only with a bigger production budget! Count me in!
                          Although they're both Berlanti productions, I assume the fact they air on separate networks would complicate any Flash, GA crossover potential. Kind of like the Mutants of Fox and The Avengers of Marvel.

Then again, Sony and Marvel worked out a deal with Spider-Man.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

First I have updated my wiki site with the CBS Supergirl for those who do not read Supergirl comics.

Now because Supergirl airs on CBS means that there can be a cross-over since CBS and WB co-own CW (CBS-Warner) channel.

Did you get the "Easter Eggs" in the trailer?
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Doesn't the CW still have some connection to CBS, via the ghost of UPN? Essentially, UPN (which was a Paramount station, and Paramount is now owned by CBS), and the WB merged and became the CW, right? I'm confused.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Doesn't the CW still have some connection to CBS, via the ghost of UPN? Essentially, UPN (which was a Paramount station, and Paramount is now owned by CBS), and the WB merged and became the CW, right? I'm confused.

Chris
                                From what I've read, CBS has something like a 50% partnership in the CW, so I would say that, down the road, a crossover story between SG, Flash and/or Arrow could be possible. I think the fact CBS had "From the people who brought you Arrow and The Flash" on the promo reel should be enough of an indicator that the two networks have some type of affiliation with one another.
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎