X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickeymoosemego
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by Mikey
    Been seeing commercials for the Poltergeist remake lately and i'm not very impressed.

Looks to be another Amityville Horror lousy forgettable remake.

That said, I loved the original.

Was one of the first VHS's I ever bought.

Agree on that. Hollywood is just DOA with its Movies. Its like a new idea doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Worst part of the trailer for me is the little girl just going "they're here." instead of the iconic "They're heeeeere." Just seems so flat now and not creepy like the original.

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

All these remakes and reboots suck. Every movie from the 80's 'has' to be remade.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
          I never saw that one but I hoped it would make a bundle because Bruce Campbell had a piece of it.
          A very small piece at the end. It was more like the little extra bits in the Marvel movies.

Comment

• great_chandel
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2, 2015

The remake looks very disappointing. Then again, you simply cannot remake a classic! Jobeth Williams, Craig T. Nelson, James Karen, etc. were all on top of their game -- perfect casting! Tobe Hooper did a great job! This is just another attempt to cash in on a franchise -- and I am sure they will!

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Well,my daughter treated me out to this film Friday night.
              $7 a ticket
              So my view may be skewed a bit...lol
              I enjoyed it.
              You really can't go wrong with Raimi and Rockwell.
              We went to the 3-D version.
              Similar to the first but just different enough overall I think it worked.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Nice to hear a positive review. I'll check it out at some point.

Comment

• great_chandel
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2, 2015

It is okay -- 2 stars out of 4. I went today and saw it. It is hard to watch it and not compare it to the original -- the original is just so far superior. The cast in this one is fine. Yet, compared to the cast of the original Poltergeist, well, Sam Rockwell is no Craig T. Nelson. While the special effects were of course fantastic, the original was far more suspenseful and build up of the story was far better. This movie sorely missed having any neighbors in it, or a real estate agent (ala James Karen) from the original, to help build up how deceived they were with the homes being built over an old cemetery. You just cannot remake a classic. Having Tobe Hooper and Steven Spielberg attached to anything (like they were with the original), and you are basically doomed to fail.

"It has taken me years of hard work to look this cheap." -- Dolly Parton

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

I didn't care for the original so a remake is an easy pass for me.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

POLTERGEIST is one of those movies, much like 2001, THE WIZARD OF OZ, CE3K and, yes, JAWS, that required no remake. It's fine just the way it is; it is both scary and a time capsule at the same time. There's no reason to try to reproduce that...
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• binkystarr
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 16, 2015

99% of all the movies today are just UNNECESSARY and pointless. Hollywood just destroys anything that once had any meaning because people are LAZY and studios can make easy cash! I say just stick to the ORIGINALS and enjoy your memories

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 11, 2014

I agree heavily with the above 2 post. If they try and do a JAWS remake I will organize an Angry mob to protest daily on the set. They better leave that F'n Movie alone.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                            I agree heavily with the above 2 post. If they try and do a JAWS remake I will organize an Angry mob to protest daily on the set. They better leave that F'n Movie alone.
                            I'll agree to a Jaws remake, if Paris Hilton is the swimmer in the opening scene, and they're using a real shark.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

My Jaws remake dream cast --------

Leslie Nielsen as Chief Brody

Rick Moranis as Hooper

Wilfrid Hyde-White as Quint

and Richard Kiel as Jaws

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

I think remakes often get a bad rap and are unfairly labeled as something new...they're not. Not even by a long shot. If people knew their film history like I do, having worked with all this vintage film memorabilia for the last ten years they'd be amazed to find out some of their beloved "originals" were in fact remakes themselves. The 1939 Wizard of Oz for example was actually the THIRD version filmed! Our beloved Hammer films were nothing but color remakes of the classic Universal horror films of the 30's.
                                A lot of silent films were remade when sound came out. Some silent films were even remade two or more times DURING the silent era.
                                And as far as films being made for a quick buck...hey, that's why ALL movies are made. Even the classics.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎