X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
    Too true---I love getting down to the bare bones of an issue and see truths---even if it turns out I'm "wrong" and/or "in the minority"-----thought I'd include a pic that I wrassled together ---- not that it "proves" anything, but I just thought I'd post it to see if anyone agreed or disagreed that changing her hairstyle is quite the pivotal thing compared to the sculpt, which I believe isn't too bad compared to other sculpts in the FTC Dukes line---and, really not a bad sculpt overall IMHO.
    Okay, if you ignore theshape of the head, the jawline, the cheekbones, the eyes, the eyebrows and the mouth, yes, the nose is pretty darn close!
    Seriously, there's little, if any, of Bach in that face. It's a very poor likeness compared to things like the Batman '66 line and the recent Stooges, where the likenesses are good to excellent.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Okay, if you ignore theshape of the head, the jawline, the cheekbones, the eyes, the eyebrows and the mouth, yes, the nose is pretty darn close!
      "Shape of the head" IS the jawline---and the jawline is a huge detriment to the head---the head alone. The sculpt? IMHO it's much better than you've rated it.

"cheekbones, the eyes, the eyebrows and the mouth" are all pretty solid.... whereas Bo, Luke's Hogg's are not---even Jesse and Cooter IMHO aren't as close as Bach's in those categories---although a "white beard" goes a long way in covering "proportion" things up.
      Bottom line: I still contend I see a good amt of Bach in that sculpt, better than most FTC Dukes.
      Originally posted by scott metzger
      It's a very poor likeness compared to things like the Batman '66 line and the recent Stooges, where the likenesses are good to excellent.
      I agree with that statement totally---I might even say Batman '66/Stooges are "great to excellent", and therein lies my surprise at why people can't give that Bach sculpt some cred---cause it's a "not great" "not excellent" but a solid sculpt IMHO.

Maybe my annoyance comes from not enough people saying all the other Dukes sculpts are crummier than what they've been saying.
      I dunno, but I think it's a mistake to shortchange the Bach sculpt, which is frankly IMHO, even more on target than what should've been an easy homerun: SF Superman.
      Last edited by huedell; May 15, '15, 2:16 PM.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Perhaps the nose and maybe the eyebrows, but the rest....not even close.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

None of the Dukes sculpts are all that good, but you can see the character enough to recognize it. Jesse seems almost as off as Daisy; the whole shape of the head and beard are off. But Daisy has nothing right. The jaw is wrong, the head is too wide, the eye shape is completely different, the cheekbones are in the wrong place, the smile lines helping define them are at a completely different angle. I won't dig at the eyebrows, because that's rarely right on any action figure these days, and has more to do with the paint than the sculpt. It does bear an uncanny resemblance to the most recent photos I've seen of Bruce Jenner, as others have pointed out.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I received 12" Daisy in mail today from FTC. Nice Catherine Bach likeness! No big forehead. Long rooted hair! I don't mind body, haven't taken her clothes off to really look. Overall I am pleased! Nice representation of Daisy Duke/ Catherine Bach! Now I want other 12" Dukes! Good for $50!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks to megoknight's great body swap idea, my Daisy can actually hold some poses. Thanks megoknight!

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

^Now, that's how Daisy should look.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Thanks! Now that I got her the way I want her, I'm working on a body fix for my 1/6th scale as well. I'm hoping to be posting a 1/9th scale group shot with the General shortly.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Here's the 1/6th scale reunion family shot.

They're all quality figures. But like I said previously, I'll need to get a body fix on Daisy like I did in the 8 inch scale. The difference is striking once she has poseability.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

12" Daisy looks great to me--why are sculpts from 8" & 12" disparate--I figured they'd be resizes?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Those look really nice all together as a group.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
                          Thanks to megoknight's great body swap idea, my Daisy can actually hold some poses. Thanks megoknight!

Yea I did the same thing with the Daisy I got this week.
                          I wish the pants fit better on the DC Retro body so I'm going to try and make a pair myself.

Comment

• nobody
                            banjo!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by magyar1964
                            Yea I did the same thing with the Daisy I got this week.
                            I wish the pants fit better on the DC Retro body so I'm going to try and make a pair myself.
                            Here I come to save the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
                              CALLING ALL DUKES !!
                              • May 12, 2011

MegoKnight Rules !!!!!
                              "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41

She looks soooooo much better with this body! And her head looks more in proportion as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎