X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

Dukes of Hazzard ,series 2

I got my dukes of hazzard series 2 figures the other day,And their very nice.Daisy ,now that i see her in hand ,has a rather
    good sculpt (although a lot of hair,not taped for control}The problem with this figure is the awful body they chose ,if she had
    the articulated body ,it would be a very nice figure,i went to change her over to that body,the head fits right,her outfit and
    shoes do not,which is a shame,her daisy dukes cant button up,her sandles shoes are just to small,and her shirt cant close
    with velcro quite right,To bad ,it would look very good,The cheap bodys legs are to loose.uncle jesse has a nice sculpt,it
    looks like him or mr darling (from andy).his overalls are fine,Not as good as Grandpa walton .cooter is nice ,but no scruffy
    beard as he was often seen and pictured on card.cletus and enos also have nice sculpts and have the same nice uniforms
    as rosco except with state trooper hats-nice Ill leave it to someone to post pics,not sure how its done.but very nice line-
    kudos FTC.but please reissue daisy on a corrected body or offer the right size outfit and shoes at your web site,so i may
    make daisy right.
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by tllgn
    I got my dukes of hazzard series 2 figures the other day,And their very nice.Daisy ,now that i see her in hand ,has a rather
    good sculpt (although a lot of hair,not taped for control}The problem with this figure is the awful body they chose ,if she had
    the articulated body ,it would be a very nice figure,i went to change her over to that body,the head fits right,her outfit and
    shoes do not,which is a shame,her daisy dukes cant button up,her sandles shoes are just to small,and her shirt cant close
    with velcro quite right,To bad ,it would look very good,The cheap bodys legs are to loose.uncle jesse has a nice sculpt,it
    looks like him or mr darling (from andy).his overalls are fine,Not as good as Grandpa walton .cooter is nice ,but no scruffy
    beard as he was often seen and pictured on card.cletus and enos also have nice sculpts and have the same nice uniforms
    as rosco except with state trooper hats-nice Ill leave it to someone to post pics,not sure how its done.but very nice line-
    kudos FTC.but please reissue daisy on a corrected body or offer the right size outfit and shoes at your web site,so i may
    make daisy right.
    Your review is right on the mark. Daisy would have been prefect with a regular body, the cheap plastic body with no elbow or knee articulation is sad and the hair once again is a mess.

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by drogge
      Your review is right on the mark. Daisy would have been prefect with a regular body, the cheap plastic body with no elbow or knee articulation is sad and the hair once again is a mess.
      So you consider her head and face that looks like a combination of Bruce Jenner and Rocky Dennis from Mask a success?

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
        So you consider her head and face that looks like a combination of Bruce Jenner and Rocky Dennis from Mask a success?
        Sorry But I just LOL'd @ your comment megomania! But to be fair, Bruce Jenner will eventually be a FAR MORE FETCHING female (even in the scandalous red micro-bikini) than that FTC DUKES "improved" Daisy Duke! & believe me, I shudder to think of old Brucie at all, let alone in that red bikini......I just still think if they did a Mego Museum "Who wore it better" w/ Bruce Jenner & FTC Daisy Duke both rocking that red dental floss bottom & the flannel......Brucie would win Hands Down!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I wonder if Daisy will fit on a ZICA female body?

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
            CALLING ALL DUKES !!
            • May 12, 2011

I think they all look super.... AWESOME jo FTC !!
            "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

I hope they make the state trooper hat available on the website in brown,white and black.
              These figures look great.I do hope they make coy and Vance,I know,I kNow but I never had the mego coy and Vance.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                I wonder if Daisy will fit on a ZICA female body?
                The issue is the FTC female head..if only Zica made a plug attachment to fit FTC females heads

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

I do.

You can see Bach in that sculpt. Good luck saying the same about the actor likenesses of most of the other FTC Dukes sculpts.

I believe that he main problem affecting the naysayers is the head's largely ratioed forehead---but that could be fixed with some creative hairstyling.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Credit where credit is due: The head sizes are perfect on all the male figures in the Dukes line.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Ordered them with the Kresge figures, so I won't see them for a while. But judging by the pics, the heads do look in good proportion to the bodies. Something definitely went right with these, so it is possible for FTC to make normal sized heads with new sculpts. Maybe a glimmer of hope for the future? (I hope so, because I'm almost at the point of giving up on getting future figures).

Sad to hear the Daisy stuff won't go on a regular body. I know they were doing a nod to the original abomination, er. figure, but I really would have preferred eschewing nostalgia here.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                        I do. You can see Bach in that sculpt. Good luck saying the same about the actor likenesses of most of the other FTC Dukes sculpts. I believe that he main problem affecting the naysayers is the head's largely ratioed forehead---but that could be fixed with some creative hairstyling.
                        Then you're in the monitory with your opinion.....but that never held you ba....never mind...

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Then you're in the monitory with your opinion.....but that never held you ba....never mind...
                          To quote Mego Milk
                          "Aw yeah, minority!"

I never said it was a great figure overall---just one of the best actor likenesses (which to me, would make it a success---if only in this line's context)----I can't see how people would disagree with that in a line where if you gave Boss Hogg hair, he'd be more recognizable as Wopat than Wopat's actual figure----but, as is obvious: It's all opinion in the end.

And, yes, I'm not on the Net just to "hold back" or otherwise pay some kind of lip service.

I enjoy debating toys----no biggie---nothing personal.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                            To quote Mego Milk "Aw yeah, minority!" I never said it was a great figure overall---just one of the best actor likenesses (which to me, would make it a success---if only in this line's context)----I can't see how people would disagree with that in a line where if you gave Boss Hogg hair, he'd be more recognizable as Wopat than Wopat's actual figure----but, as is obvious: It's all opinion in the end. And, yes, I'm not on the Net just to "hold back" or otherwise pay some kind of lip service. I enjoy debating toys----no biggie---nothing personal.
                            All good. I was just busting your chops because people give you such a hard time here. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

All good. I was just busting your chops because people give you such a hard time here. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed
                              Too true---I love getting down to the bare bones of an issue and see truths---even if it turns out I'm "wrong" and/or "in the minority"-----thought I'd include a pic that I wrassled together ---- not that it "proves" anything, but I just thought I'd post it to see if anyone agreed or disagreed that changing her hairstyle is quite the pivotal thing compared to the sculpt, which I believe isn't too bad compared to other sculpts in the FTC Dukes line---and, really not a bad sculpt overall IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎