X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
    Seriously, I would like to know where the problem is coming from then. From what I've seen, the new Dukes heads are fine, as was Korak, so we know it's possible for the heads to turn out correctly, as have all the direct reproductions. It's only happening on some of the new sculpts. If it isn't FTC or a factory problem, then what is causing it? The heads can't just magically be growing in the package. It's not a mysterious production process; Mego was able to compensate for different shrinkage rates of different kinds of plastics for the vast majority of their figures in the 70's, and we've seen Diamond do it with the Trek figures more recently; that's a built in part of toy manufacturing involving plastic. If the softer plastic of the rotocast heads shrinks 10% less than the more solid plastic of the body, you make the prototype head from which the molds are made with that in mind. By this point, there's more than enough figures made to determine the right sizing for the proper scale of parts to result. But there's a problem with even that theory, because it doesn't seem possible for it simply be that the heads don't shrink as much as expected, or the plug on the bottom would be too big to fit into the neck hole on the torso. I really want to know, because this issue is going to keep me from buying figures I really would like to have. The Stooges would be some of the best 8" figures I've ever bought if the heads were in scale, and I seriously would have considered getting some of the other episode specific versions if not for the head size.
    From what I gather so far: The heads are being sculpted too large.
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; May 15, '15, 2:59 PM.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Pics?

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
        • May 21, 2015

I thought their heads seemed a bit large, but my vision is far from 20/20.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but could the heads have been done slightly oversized on purpose, maybe hoping for a comic or "wacky" end result? Just trying to play devil's advocate here. Kind of a shame, either way, as I'm a Stooges fan.

Comment

• wookilar8
          • May 27, 2009

Pics are worth a thousand words.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍