X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    so that basically eliminates all involved. So its just happening on the boat from China? The heads magically expand? Or you guys think there is no problem? The repros and the 66 line don't have this issue for the most part. FTC has lost sales of Bizarro and the Stooges with me.
    "Or you guys...."

Cmon don't tell me you really think mickeymoose has anything to do with FTC............................

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 11, 2014

As usual your remarks always show you know nothing about nothing, except how to whine and complain. If you hate the product so much why do you spend so much time making remarks about it? I mean do yourself a favor and move on to something else you might like.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        It leaves the sculptor involved.
        We have a winner!

Comment

• megomania
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
          We have a winner!
          And a whiner!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

It leaves the sculptor involved.
            who works for FTC, freelance or on the payroll, so that is still FTC.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

As usual your remarks always show you know nothing about nothing, except how to whine and complain. If you hate the product so much why do you spend so much time making remarks about it? I mean do yourself a favor and move on to something else you might like.
              I love the 66 line but that appears to have lost its way, I would have bought Bizarro and the Stooges if they weren't waterheads. What are we supposed to do, drink the koolaid and think all this stuff is perfect? Basically you are saying shut up and accept poorly done figures. They have one of the biggest remego lines around in DC and they just keep shooting themselves in the foot. Every one of the new WGSH non repro figures thus far has had a bobble head and its a shame. They get it right on the 66 line for the most part, but keep dropping the ball on other lines. Perry White looks more than a little oversized, too.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; May 15, '15, 4:11 AM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

who works for FTC, freelance or on the payroll, so that is still FTC.
                I'm sure he's freelance so he's not part of FTC. He's work for hire so he's in the same category as a plumber, for example.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I'm sure he's freelance so he's not part of FTC. He's work for hire so he's in the same category as a plumber, for example.
                  yes, but still getting a check from FTC, so part of them. And it falls on someone there to accept or reject the sculpt. If MMM is blaming the sculptor, the blame also falls on someone at the company. They wouldn't pay up front (I don't pay anyone till the work is done for a plumber or A/C guy) for a sculpt and then get crap and keep going to that well. Bucktooth Superman got approved by somebody too.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I agree about the approval thing, but I disagree that a freelancer is part of the company. Either way, you're right that it's up to FTC to approve the work or reject it.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 11, 2014

yes, but still getting a check from FTC, so part of them. And it falls on someone there to accept or reject the sculpt. If MMM is blaming the sculptor, the blame also falls on someone at the company. They wouldn't pay up front (I don't pay anyone till the work is done for a plumber or A/C guy) for a sculpt and then get crap and keep going to that well. Bucktooth Superman got approved by somebody too.
                      Again and as well , your remarks in this thread and many others you posted, show you know nothing about nothing, except how to whine and complain to the 10th Power. If you hate the product as much as you say, why do you spend so much time making remarks about it? I mean do yourself a favor and move on to something else.

Comment

• nobody
                        banjo!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Again and as well , your remarks in this thread and many others you posted, show you know nothing about nothing, except how to whine and complain to the 10th Power. If you hate the product as much as you say, why do you spend so much time making remarks about it? I mean do yourself a favor and move on to something else.
                        Wow, you took an older post of yours and repackaged it. Yup, you work for FTC.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I agree about the approval thing, but I disagree that a freelancer is part of the company. Either way, you're right that it's up to FTC to approve the work or reject it.
                          exactly, it smacks of an I Don't care attitude at the company. Its the biggest license they've had and they seem determined to drop the ball with it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Why? Because I want these to be done right so I can buy them. When I see a 1/6th scale head on a 1/9th body, its a no sale.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

I've already responded on this matter. It has nothing to do with the Factory or FTC.
                              Seriously, I would like to know where the problem is coming from then. From what I've seen, the new Dukes heads are fine, as was Korak, so we know it's possible for the heads to turn out correctly, as have all the direct reproductions. It's only happening on some of the new sculpts. If it isn't FTC or a factory problem, then what is causing it? The heads can't just magically be growing in the package. It's not a mysterious production process; Mego was able to compensate for different shrinkage rates of different kinds of plastics for the vast majority of their figures in the 70's, and we've seen Diamond do it with the Trek figures more recently; that's a built in part of toy manufacturing involving plastic. If the softer plastic of the rotocast heads shrinks 10% less than the more solid plastic of the body, you make the prototype head from which the molds are made with that in mind. By this point, there's more than enough figures made to determine the right sizing for the proper scale of parts to result. But there's a problem with even that theory, because it doesn't seem possible for it simply be that the heads don't shrink as much as expected, or the plug on the bottom would be too big to fit into the neck hole on the torso. I really want to know, because this issue is going to keep me from buying figures I really would like to have. The Stooges would be some of the best 8" figures I've ever bought if the heads were in scale, and I seriously would have considered getting some of the other episode specific versions if not for the head size.

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by megoknight
                                Wow, you took an older post of yours and repackaged it. Yup, you work for FTC.
                                of course he works for FTC

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎