X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Every MOTU Figure Ranked

Thought this was pretty interesting as the author ranked (almost) every He-Man figure from the original Mattel line. Sure he left off the Laser Lights, and the Battle Damaged, and all the other variants of the main guys, and the cats, and the birds, and Titus and Megator, and a few of the vehicle that could have doubled for characters, and so on... I'm pretty sure my list would have ended with Twistoid and Rotar at the bottom too but I'm certain that He-Man wouldn't have been too far from the bottom either. Mostly though his list get's hung up on lack of "action features", which many 80's action figures didn't have. I would have begun with Trap-Jaw, Zodac and Beast-man for sure. Some of his reviews (see Ninjor's "He is a ninja.") are pretty awful but the one for Randor is by far the best write-up (He was a king, but he spent most of the time on the cartoon being disappointed in his son, and if kids wanted that they could get it from their real fathers.) Ouch.

The most powerful man in the universe was also part of the greatest toyline in the universe. MotU’s giant, wildly varied assortment of heroes and villains set it apart from its ‘80s counterparts — admittedly, some more so than others. So here are all 60 original action figures, scientifically ranked by awesomeness.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by spacecaps
    Mostly though his list get's hung up on lack of "action features", which many 80's action figures didn't have.
    OTOH, action features were a huge defining point of the MOTU line specifically....yet, now that I think about it, it's weird the guy spends so much time discussing action-features, yet he omits the He-Man and Skeletor variants who arguably had the most pronounced action-features of the whole line.

Thanks for the article link, I'm a huge MOTU fan, so I'm sure I'll have more to say---or at least a top 10 of my own----which ironically would have little to do w/action features and moreso with merely the visual design of the characters, mostly because I was too old to focus on the action features so much when I was a kid, so there's not much nostalgia for me there, despite those action-features being so key to the "hook" of the line to kids back in the day.

Edited to add a list of my personal top ranked (15) MOTU figures...

My top 15 favorite MOTU figures
    1. TRAP-JAW
    2. MER-MAN
    3. WEBSTOR
    4. SCAREGLOW
    5. BEASTMAN
    6. SKELETOR
    7. STINKOR
    8. BUZZ-OFF
    9. SNOUT SPOUT
    10. MAN-E-FACES
    11. ROBOTO
    12. TRI-KLOPS
    13. MOSQUITOR
    14. SNAKEFACE
    15. MEK-A-NEK
    Last edited by huedell; May 9, '15, 8:38 AM. Reason: Added my "Top 15 MOTU figures list"
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

Masters of the Universe and its knockoffs are my favorite toylines from the '80s. Huedells list is pretty close to mine. I probably would sub Mek-A-Nek with Moss Man just because he felt so weird to the touch.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎