Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting Tomland's 3.75" 'Space Raiders', etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Collecting Tomland's 3.75" 'Space Raiders', etc.

I've been pondering whether or not to collect these. I never had these as a kid. I love 1970's Star Wars inspired toy lines. Going off what I've found on evil bay that these figures can push $100 a pop- LOOSE. I'm not so crazy about collecting them carded so much as I'd like to have these loose but in really good condition. And I imagine that comes at a price. Whenever I come across these, they are either missing their weapons, the plastic around the neck is crumbly, discolored plastic, or the chest sticker is torn or ripped off. Typical issues with toys over 35 years old. But one thing always struck me peculiar about these that I couldn't put my finger on but Plaid Stallions hit it on the head: these characters look like they were inspired by little kids drawings of Star Wars characters!! Even the oddball names for the characters- like, YICK... lmao. I guess the longer I put off collecting these, the more expensive they'll get and harder to find.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

I've been collecting them for years now and I'm still missing 4 to complete the set. Don't be picky about condition, weapons, or chest stickers. Take what comes your way and you can always upgrade later. You forgot to mention the variations of these figures too...there's glow heads,glow weapons, clear belts, and normal hands vs/weapon hands. Some figures (like The Fly) have 3 different version.

Here's the 3 I'm missing BTW, the Orange Guy, The Blue Guy, The White Guy (with an oversized big head) and The Purple Guy on the left but also with an oversized pink head (not pictured). I have A LOT of doubles I'd be willing to trade for them.
    Last edited by spacecaps; May 7, '15, 3:47 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Great pics, I love these guys! It's funny that two of them have heads directly copied from Japanese robots. How about a shot of the whole case, including the 8" Tomlands below, I'd love to see one!

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Nice collection. Hopefully this summer I'll be making more money that I can get started collecting these. I doubt I'm going to collect every one- I'm not a fan of the ones with weapons for hands.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎