X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

More Ebay shenanigans

Hadn't listed anything on Ebay for a couple months, but funds are short this week and I need some weekend cash. So I go to list a few things and now I find that one & three day auctions are now considered " Special Duration" and are charged a $1.00 fee!
    When did this nonsense start?

What greedy pigs!
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

I noticed a while ago that anything other the 5 or 7 day are charged an extra fee.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

That's nothing. I got charged two dollars last month because when I created my listing, Ebay had some crap AUTO-FILLED IN!
      I didn't catch it until after I created the listing, and went back less than a minute later and edited it.
      Didn't matter. I still got charged the fee, despite complaining to them.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Big changes happen May 1st. 20 free listings, +20 more if they count as collectible. It used to be, IIRC, 150, but they made a number of purchase options free in exchange. They're now taking a flat 10%, before PayPal.

We'll see how this goes. I'm expecting drastic changes in mid-summer. I can't figure out what they're trying to target. It seems like they're trying to get rid of micro-sales unless you have a store, but even then it doesn't seem worth it.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

They sent me a message a bit ago telling me of this change. Apparently it's to encourage longer auction durations to allow for more "visibility". And they say, this will bring back the excitement to auctions!
          So now my stuff can sit there for two extra days with no bids until the last 8 seconds. If they really want to bring excitement back, let's end sniping by extending the auction ending time by 10 seconds after the final bid. That way there's more bids by people who want it without the sniping undercut.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

I prefer the 3 days auctions myself, it keeps you showing up in the recent searches more. If they are charging $1 for lower days listing, they can cram it up their cram hole la fleur.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I had seen a commecial about another online auction site that's competing with eBay, I just
              can't remember what it's called? I think it said you can list for free, no hidden fee charges
              and you only pay a fee if your item sells. Anyone else fimilar with this?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎