Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I agree with Ants, when they want to pay me to check out I'll use the self checkout like Al Bundy and George Carlin. Don't know if that's who it was supposed to be but it was the first person I thought of when I saw him. I've seen him live several times and it really is a good likeness. I almost wonder if WalMart purposely hires people that aggravate you with their obvious inability to be a contributing member to intelligent society just so you'll use the self checkut to avoid any possible interaction with the employees. Saving them the need to have any one there to help you at all.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• QDOGG
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 13, 2007

Thats a really neat display. I was waiting for some violence to happen For the record I like self-checkout. Much quicker and safer for my eggs

Comment

• garagesale
        Dept. of Mego Studies
        • Aug 8, 2006

Hey, Everyone:

Thanks for the feedback. It means a lot when someone like Type3Toys tells you that your stuff is great. I especially like the useful criticism from folks like ABMAC and apes3978. More than anything, I appreciate your answering my question... seems most of you feel like you're Al Bundy. I know I tend to feel I'm Al 1/2 the time/Bergman the other 1/2 (whether at self-checkout or otherwise).

I've been doing a lot of Mego and FC-scale customizing over the past year, but I don't post the majority of it b/c it has lots of political content, and I know this isn't really the place for that. This was one project I felt I could share, so appreciate all of you who have looked and commented so far!

See you in Wheeling!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I think it's a neat idea. A little cramped, but it doesn't bother me that much. I am the guy who can be in a line that is moving really well, until the person right before me gets their turn. It's invariably some goofball who has managed to grab the one Nascar shirt off the rack that doesn't have the UPC code. Then I get to wait while Johnny calls the Nascar shirt section for an assist.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            Megoholic RocketScientist
            • Oct 23, 2007

James, Nice display with very nice attention to detail. The only thing I would change if I could would be the wall spacing. I to think that the walls are just a little to close. Otherwise, really nice work! You did much better than I would have that is for sure.

To this day I have not and will not use self checkout. I believe in promoting job security for those that need jobs and rely on an income to survive. I, like most do get a bit frustrated though when I pick what I think will be the shortest line and end up getting stuck in (will this line ever move HELL) line over something stupid going on a couple of people a head of me. EX: Someone digging for change (pennies), a price check on something without a price tag, coupon argument over who is right over 50 cents and etc. It is bad when you see the people in the longest line leaving before you and you are in the shortest line. It never seems to fail. I always try and go shopping at bizarre late night hours (in 24 hour stores) vs. regular day time hours to avoid the crowds and the lines. Even then as someone mentioned earlier there seems to be only one checkout open since there is much less people at night/early morning. Sometimes I still feel like I am stuck in a line. Not as bad though. Kind of a no win situation. From time to time I do think of hiring a personal shopper to take care of my lite work. Then again I like to shop so this would take the fun out of it for me as it pertains to looking and buying things. The thing that I am liking less and less is the double handling of merchandise when one buys a lot at one time. The unloading the cart to the car and unloading the car to the house part kind of sucks IMO. The stores need to revamp their carts with a dumping mechanisim like a dump truck. You can just wheel your cart up to your vehicle, pop the trunk and press a button to dump the merchandise in. Of course you would take out the eggs and fragile like stuff still as that would only make sense. Hey, don't laugh at my idea/invention! People laughed at the guy who created the donut and look who is laughing now. Just remember this post as you are dumping your goodies in your car trunk in the years to come. hahaha
            Last edited by livnxxxl; Mar 31, '08, 4:09 PM.
            Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Nice detail work, all the packages are great. Lots of effort. I also like the tile floor.

rche

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎