Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street date for Star Wars Force Awakens toys. Plus early look at packaging.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Street date for Star Wars Force Awakens toys. Plus early look at packaging.

September 4.

Get full details on the release of upcoming toys, collectibles, and more, plus a first look at packaging featuring new villain Kylo Ren!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Excellent! Plenty early to spoil the film.

The packaging is ugly, but I wasn't going to buy anyway.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I find the packaging highly unimpressive. Then again, I don't think it's going to matter what the packaging looks like. It's merchandise for the first new Star Wars movie in years.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Don't much care for the packaging. It has a Phantom Menace feel to it.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• FETT1
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 4, 2012

I feel the same...nothing to exciting here...then again my STAR WARS collecting has gone from 10 to 0 over the last couple of years....CANADian retail sucks for NEW product !
          if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• Jason73
            Correctamundo!
            • Jan 11, 2009

Hasbro is playing it too safe on this one. Wish they would try something a little more inventive.
            Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• FETT1
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 4, 2012

Originally posted by jason73
              hasbro is playing it too safe on this one. Wish they would try something a little more inventive.

very well said !
              if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                Defender of the Megoverse
                • Dec 30, 2008

Disney set the date for all merchandise to be made public not Hasbro!

Comment

• Boris71
                  GeekBot' For Life
                  • May 13, 2007

For me the packaging as been awful since POTF2 but then again I don't care for the packaging as I will have the stuff on my shelves in the dungeon as I get it through the door for me I hope they make them like the rebels and the saga/Mission series figures, they are the only thing that has had me buying star wars figures again
                  Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by Boris71
                    For me the packaging as been awful since POTF2 but then again I don't care for the packaging as I will have the stuff on my shelves in the dungeon as I get it through the door for me I hope they make them like the rebels and the saga/Mission series figures, they are the only thing that has had me buying star wars figures again

No they did a great Job on the Vintage packaging a few years ago and nailed it perfect. Then ruined it with the black series BS. On the new stuff: Not a shred of Hope for the new Movie.

Comment

• Boris71
                      GeekBot' For Life
                      • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                      No they did a great Job on the Vintage packaging a few years ago and nailed it perfect. Then ruined it with the black series BS. On the new stuff: Not a shred of Hope for the new Movie.
                      Fair Point but I didn't count them as they were basically repos of the original cards from the 70's and 80's
                      Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

It's a little strange that they are bringing back our classic heroes from the OT, but don't use some OT packaging details.
                        It would certainly persuade me to buy some new SW stuff if they did.
                        This new packaging concept is just a little boring now...
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MEMEGO
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 6, 2007

I could careless. Star wars has come and gone for me. I did not like the last 3, and I do not like Disney. so that is it.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by MEMEGO
                            I could careless. Star wars has come and gone for me. I did not like the last 3, and I do not like Disney. so that is it.

^That's too bad. These are being made by Lucasfilm, under different leadership, so you may be shutting yourself out of enjoying it.

I'm very cautiously optimistic myself, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and see what they come up with. Who knows? It might be great.

Comment

• dee T.
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 25, 2012

I could care less what the packaging looks like, its going in the trash as soon as I get it home. I just hope we get some 12inch figures in fabric outfits again. I'm hoping Disney's design and quality on their dolls is better, than the quality and likeliness Hasbro gave us with their power of the force dolls they put out in the 90's. I'm not saying I didn't buy any of Hasbro's SW POTF figures. I have a good amount of them. I just want to see if Disney's brand can give us something better. If they leave that for Sideshow to do, then I'm out with buying Disney's brand.
                              Clothes make the doll

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎