X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Wolverine Pictures

I was surprised that Entertainment Earth was the first to get the Wolverine set. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to receive him. Here is the box:

Here is my favorite part of the set, brown Wolverine that I put on a Type-S body

The costume is nice and tight and the head looks good. I would have like the orange of the head to match the costume better, but its not bad. And there are enough hands to mix and match open hand and fist.

Unfortunately, there are some issues with the rest of the set.

The retro box window covers up the top of Wolverine's head, but doesn't seem as bad as Captain America's box. My retro box was not glued in, which was nice, but unfortunately Logan's leather jacket was under the box such that it creased the back.

Attached Files
    sigpic LaserMego
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Wolverine arms looked strange. I thought at first it was because the gloves went over his elbow, but then I noticed they were really short. It is because he has no hands. I later added some fists from the Type S body since the Wolverine set doesn't come with any hands without claws. The Type-S hand didn't match in skin tone, but get covered up by the glove and let the glove fit better.

Here he is with the skin colored claw hands:

The mask looks a bit rough in the back, like it was cut open, and doesn't seem to close completely without an elastic band to hold it shut, which is how he was shipped.

I haven't played with the Logan outfit yet, but the leather jacket looks really nice and the boots are nicely detailed.
    Attached Files
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Great review, Paul!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Famous Covers gloves and no hands?
        The orange and brown figure looks really great, but the yellow and blue one looks very terrible!!
        Last edited by LonnieFisher; May 1, '15, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

The Blue and yellow Wolvey looks REALLY BAD!
          sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

No hands... wow. They could not have saved that much money leaving off his hands, could they???

If you would be so kind, can you post a picture of tiger-stripe Wolverine with the gloves on over the hands?

Tiger-stripe Wolverine might go on a Type S body. I love the look of the Type S limbs on figures that have exposed "skin". I just hope I have some Type S bodies left without painted limbs.

Thanks for the pictures & review!!!
            Last edited by TRDouble; May 1, '15, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Got these in the post just before I went on a work trip. I thought the Logan and brown Wolvie looked pretty good. Can't really see the blue/yellow one when it is in the package, so I didn't notice the short arms. I just thought it looked kinda 'old skool' in a quirky OK gimmicky sort of way. Not bad, just looking to catch the cowl era batman vibe.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

The brown and orange one with painted head looks really good, and the yellow one in box( with removable cowl ) looks better than I expected.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
                  I was surprised that Entertainment Earth was the first to get the Wolverine set. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to receive him. Here is the box:

Here is my favorite part of the set, brown Wolverine that I put on a Type-S body

Looks good, but Wolverine looks funny with skinny arms. He needs BIG shoulders. I'm going with Doc's big shouldered and swivel Bicep body.
                  sigpic

Comment

• nobody
                    banjo!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

what's up with the paint job on brown wolvie head? Looks like the black got on the orange.

Originally posted by pmwasson

The costume is nice and tight and the head looks good. I would have like the orange of the head to match the costume better, but its not bad. And there are enough hands to mix and match open hand and fist.

Unfortunately, there are some issues with the rest of the set.

The retro box window covers up the top of Wolverine's head, but doesn't seem as bad as Captain America's box. My retro box was not glued in, which was nice, but unfortunately Logan's leather jacket was under the box such that it creased the back.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

That blue and yellow version is a disaster, and is probably going to require people buying a second $80 set just to fix it. The only way that figure will look good is to repaint an orange head yellow, and either get some extra hands like Paul did or repaint the brown hands blue and add your own cuffs.

Even the orange head should probably be repainted to match the rest of the suit. Very, very sloppy.
                      A person shouldn't have to "fix" an $80 figure to make it look presentable. Just my opinion.
                      I also think botching such an important and popular character as Wolverine isn't going to do the line any favors.

This is the first original character EMCE has tackled, and for it to have turned out this badly sends a message that EMCE can't do original characters as well as Mego made them. Mego never made anything that looked as bad that blue and yellow figure.
                      I'm very very disappointed.
                      Last edited by enyawd72; May 2, '15, 8:44 AM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                        Career Member
                        • May 27, 2011

The only reason I would consider buying that set would be for the brown wolverine, but not for $80. Not sure I could even sell off the other two to recoup 2/3 of the money. That yellow suit one is worse than I even thought originally. The mask is terrible, the gloves and boots are terrible and no hands?

Saving my money for Thor.
                        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

They kind of look like really well done customs to me more than factory produced.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                            They kind of look like really well done customs to me more than factory produced.
                            I don't think even a basic customizer would have left the hands off a figure, leaving those ridiculously stubby arms.
                            That's just inexcusable cost cutting IMO, especially for an $80 set.

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

I got my Wolverine sets from EE the other day ,for the most part their good,The boxed sets are now numbered which is cool,And the mystery
                              of the extra flesh toned hands ( although not the right skin tone)in the capt America set ,has to be used for the yellow Wolverine which has no
                              hands under his gloves which makes the figures arms look weird ,but the gloves fit good ,To bad the removible mask is not the same
                              color as the outfit,alittle darker orange and it could be used for the brown/orange figure ,Which i think is the best of the 3.Head sculpts are
                              good and uniforms are nicely done.(Snaps on brown one at neck a bit tight) Would have been nice to have one set of clawed hands to be painted
                              blue for those who dont have extra hands under the gloves,I like this set,and hope theres not to many complaints ,Diamond select could
                              just throw up their hands and say "Where Done,thats it to many Complaints".i would like to see more figures in this line.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎