Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I am surprised you remember Jason Steel name! "10 Million Doller Sheriff" was Roscoe at his BEST! Boss challenged Roscoe to poker game to decide richest man, Flash ate Boss' crooked cards u Nader table, and Roscoe said "I've just made the richest man in Hazzard County the poorest in the state!" Hilarious! Then Roscoe gave Boss a job as a deputy to keep Lou Lou fed! Do not forget Roscoe's custom yellow sherif car! It's great we remember classic TV shows like Dukes, we do not have fun shows like it anymore! 2 heroes, cool car, pretty girl, action, comedy, adventure! Should have put show on hiatus until Bo and Luke returned, Coy and Vance killed it.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      I am surprised you remember Jason Steel name! "10 Million Doller Sheriff" was Roscoe at his BEST! Boss challenged Roscoe to poker game to decide richest man, Flash ate Boss' crooked cards u Nader table, and Roscoe said "I've just made the richest man in Hazzard County the poorest in the state!" Hilarious! Then Roscoe gave Boss a job as a deputy to keep Lou Lou fed! Do not forget Roscoe's custom yellow sherif car! It's great we remember classic TV shows like Dukes, we do not have fun shows like it anymore! 2 heroes, cool car, pretty girl, action, comedy, adventure! Should have put show on hiatus until Bo and Luke returned, Coy and Vance killed it.
      I find it a nice surprise that someone else likes that particular "10 Million Doller Sheriff" episode of Dukes as much as I do----it was one of only two 2-hr Dukes episodes from the original run----and it ran "pre-Coy & Vance" so it had that going for it. the episode had a HUGE impact on me when it originally aired because I was such a big fan of the show overall---and now they were promoting the show that I loved like it was a "real movie"---it was the "Thursday Night Movie" or something like that, a title given that was usually reserved for TV showings of movies that were originally shown in movie theatres.

"10 Million Doller Sheriff" "delivered" for me big time when it originally aired. And I still have great affection for it. To this day, it's the episode I re-watch the most!

As an adult, I think a pivotal episode moment was Bo's outburst towards Steel at their first meeting in the town square. All the details that you listed in your post were entertaining ---the best that the series had to offer at that point, but Bo's rant towards Steel and Luke's wise move to restrain Bo, followed by Steel being almost "impressed" with Luke's discretion really cemented the reality and gravity of the situation for me back then.

Eventually I'd like to make Mego customs based on that particular episode. The reason that I know that "Reed w/mustache" looks so much like Jason Steel is that someone (Austin, I believe) used that Reed head (w/mustache) for a custom Terra-Man (Superman "Cowboy-themed" villain) figure----looks "big-city bounty-hunter" great!

I agree that the Dukes "formula" for the series overall is sorely missed in today's TV landscape. I think the equivalent to it today would be a show like The Flash that appeals to both younger children, and "young at heart" adults.

Cheers mitt ---and yeee-haw!
      Last edited by huedell; Apr 30, '15, 11:59 PM.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

FTC should do Boss Hogg in his deputy uniform like FTC did Daisy! I liked it when Boss visited Uncle Jesse in the hospital, though they got at each others throats Jesse and Boss were old friends having run moonshine together!

Lou Lou should be in her Boss Hogg-like white suit and hat with skirt and boots!

Gosh, if FTC could make ALL the CARS from Dukes of Hazzard!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

It's funny. On their facebook page, FTC reorganized the shot to put Daisy in the back with that unsightly bikini bottom obstructed by a foreground figure.

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
            Those racing suits.... almost look like X-Wing pilot jumpsuits. I wonder if the emblems are removable.
            lol - I was thinking the same thing - racing suits perfect for a few customs. I hope those are stickers that can just peel off!
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

I said it before and I'll say it again. Daisy is a TRAINWRECK of a figure! I have to wonder who it was that said, "Yep. That's it. Nailed it. Let's put Daisy on the market like this". Really? That head! That body! Eeeeewww!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                I said it before and I'll say it again. Daisy is a TRAINWRECK of a figure! I have to wonder who it was that said, "Yep. That's it. Nailed it. Let's put Daisy on the market like this".
                I'll guarantee you NObody said that. They said something more along the lines of "Eh, it looks Megoish----ship it."

FTC's Daisy figure carries more win than the majority of the FTC Dukes figures for me, for the simple reason that (despite not going the replica route that their WGSH waves have gone) this Dukes line has came off to me similar to a "replica" "Megoish-era" style, unlike the 1966 Batman line, where it's obvious they're shooting for something of higher 2015-era-quality-level detail nuancethan anything Mego could've done back in the day----so, this FTC Daisy has more "Bach" in the sculpt than Mego's while still relying on a mostly horrendous female body for the figure no better or worse than Mego's---add to that a more authentic wardrobe for FTC Daisy than the original Mego Daisy head sculpt----and, well, kudos for them on an improvement---if only a small step----

Frankly, if people still wanna bash on the Dukes line, I'd start with more central characters sculpt likenesses and work my way DOWN to Daisy---but, that's just me
                Last edited by huedell; May 1, '15, 3:23 PM.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Yes FTC absolutely looks more like country goddess Catherine Bach than Mego's ever did! I like FTC Daisy and am not really bothered by her big head and skinny body, they're not that bad. Besides articulation takes away from female anatomy especially perfect body like Bach's! I am happy we're getting Daisy in her famous red bikini which was always shown in opening credits! Wish we could get 12" Daisy like this who looks more like Bach! I will pay $50 for 12" Daisy if that's only Dukes 12" I get!

Why does 8" and 12" Daisy have that red/black flannel long sleeve shirt?! Daisy usually wore a low-cut sleeveless blouse! Maybe FTC can sell Dukes clothes separately on its site!

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I forgot about Bosses twin who wore black, Abraham Lincoln Hogg, and his twin brother Jefferson Davis Hogg,
                    his parents must have been big Civil War buffs, was it ever explained on the show about the names? I don't
                    remember?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

Only Roscoe's dog Flash could tell Boss and his good twin apart. Flash always barked at Boss but loved Abraham and licked his hand. Too funny. Dukes was part cartoon, too! Boy do we need Flash for this line!

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
                        I must admit, she is a bit of a hot mess. Can you imagine seeing real human who looked like that walking down the street?
                        It's name is Bruce Jenner........,

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by megomania
                          lol good one..

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megomania
                            thanks, now I have to wipe coffee off my computer. I could see Austin Powers trying to pull that Daisy's wig off thinking "It's a Man Baby!!" Daisy has to be right up there as one of the biggest FTC fails. Right behind giant head Alfred and Solomon Kane.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Daisy has to be right up there as one of the biggest FTC fails.
                              If Mego's "Daisy Duke/Bach" sculpt wasn't so far off (as well Mego's approach for Daisy originally a similarly giant head placed on a chintzy female body figure) then I wouldn't see anything unreasonable about saying this doll is an FTC "fail" of such magnitude---that's also my way of thinking 'cause, if you lower that hairline a bit, then (as far as likenesses go), it's one of the only decent sculpts of the whole FTC Dukes collection.

For that reason, plus the more personal fact that FTC consistently makes overall figure decisions that leave me wondering what in the world they could be thinking---well, I could literally name 100 (yes, you read that right: "ONE-HUNDRED") "fails" FTC has perpetrated that IMHO are more bewildering than a sadly Mego-esque Daisy with an improved headsculpt.
                              Last edited by huedell; May 3, '15, 1:17 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 6, 2014

I thought I would be all in on FTC's DUKES figures, but they all seem to me to look like "animated" Dukes figures. Except Uncle Jesse looks very realistic & DAISY, OMG DAISY is a MONSTROSITY! Maybe they used the CTVT Herman Munster head & rooted it for Daisy to save on tooling costs?

*I would be in for repro Dukes, if a General Lee, new charcters done like Mego would have done them, & a new improved Daisy was done on the 8" jointed Body w/ a normal in scale head without that Jaw-Line they are using on the NEW FTC Daisy! IOW, I'm NOT getting retro Mego Dukes :(

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎