Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Put Daisy on a Mattel body and you won't even notice the issue. Instant Butterface!

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by megoknight
      Put Daisy on a Mattel body and you won't even notice the issue. Instant Butterface!
      LOL! I literally LOL'd! Butterface, I just used that term for the first time in I don't know how long the other day!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

I love these exclusives. Bo and Luke in racing suits, Bo Duke in his Carnival of Thrills suit, Boss Hogg's twin brother, Abraham Lincoln Hogg, and Officer Daisy Duke. Those deputy outfits will work for Bo and Luke from the episode "Deputy Dukes". I had some ideas for other exclusives. Since we have Bo Duke in the Carnival of Thrills outfit, I would like to suggest Luke Duke in boxing shorts and gloves from "In This Corner Luke Duke" or how about Rosco, Cletus, and Enos in their uniforms along with the black coats they wore in the early seasons. I also agree with Rosco in his rhinstone outfit from the 10 Million Dollar Sheriff episode. Or how about Uncle Jesse and Boss Hogg in their Ridgerunner racing outfits. I may be in the minority here, but I would like to have figures of Coy and Vance for the sake of completion. And I am also in favor of a Sheriff Little figure as well as Lulu Hogg and Flash, and most of all, if FTC does vehicles, PLEASE make the General Lee for the 8 inch Bo and Luke since Mego never made it. That's my two cents.

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
          Can you imagine seeing real human who looked like that walking down the street?
          Yeah, I can -- that's pretty much what Courtney Cox looked like in the middle seasons of Friends . . .

Comment

• VulcansFury
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 6, 2014

Those orange jumpsuits look screenprinted to me. Sorry guys, doesn't look like removable stickers.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

If FTC makes a general Lee I will buy wave 1 and 2

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Given they are now making vehicles with the DC vans, I'd say there is at least the possibility of the General. I thought the line was pretty much dead, but the second wave and an exclusive wave dispelled that notion. Only problem I see is that the Dodge Charger is pretty much a one use set of expensive molds (this is why we're seeing four different vans with the DC stuff; re-use is the name of the game in the toy industry these days). Not sure what else they could use it for, really (and there could be some friction with the license owner if they tried to use the mold for something outside of Hazzard County; that's why Mattel rarely crosses properties with their molds). It would be pretty sweet to finally have an 8" scale General, though, after all these years.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

General Lee vehicle would be tops, if that happends I would like to see some Hazzard police cars for
                  Hazards finest, and a jeep for Daisy, and maybe a pick up truck for Uncle Jesse, plus Boss Hogg's
                  white caddy convertible, and we can't forget about a tow truck for Cooter.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

If they would just break these up ,i would buy at least 3 of them.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Was surprised to get these over the weekend. The Dukes in the racing suits are a little short in the arms and legs, but it's not bad enough to ruin the figures. The stuff on the suits is printed on rather than stickers, which I think was the better way to go here. The three do look pretty sharp. Abraham Lincoln Hogg is a great re-do of Boss (amazing how all they needed was a new black outfit using the same exact patterns and you have a whole new character). He came out just as well as Boss.

Then there are the Daisys. The head sculpt, though way off from a Bach likeness, is not anywhere near as abominable as the prototype looks. If they hadn't given her Jay Leno's jawline, it would be a fairly good looking head (it actually looks pretty good as is from certain angles). And, most importantly, the head is in almost perfect scale with the rest of the heads in the line. The problem with Daisy is the hideous thing they are using for a body. The head's not too big, the body is horrendously small. Honestly, it's just horrendous and we can leave it at that. I took the uniform off the Deputy Daisy, plopped the head on a regular Mego body, and re-dressed her. The skirt doesn't quite fasten in the back, but the clothes do fit okay other than that. The shoes are too small, but I can dig out some shoes/pumps I got ages ago for customs to use. On a regular body with proportions like a human being would have, the figure actually works fairly well, and the head seems much more in scale. I have no idea what to do with the bathing suit version, as I'd likely need to make at least new trunks for the bikini if I were to put it on a regular body. I know what FTC was trying to do here with the new body, and it likely cost them a good amount extra to make it rather than just using the existing female body, but the new one is far, far worse than even the atrocity Mego put Daisy on back in the day. I will say, though, that the head, despite the lantern jaw Superman would envy, is a vast improvement over the original on just about every count. Had they simply used the standard female body, the figures would be vastly better.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

If Daisy's sculpt looks even better than the prototype, it'd be a Bach clone, of course minus the jaw, so she's probably looking terrific---especially if you can find a way to camouflage that lower jawline with hair.
                        Your best bet with getting that close a likeness with Boss "I look like a bald Gary Marshall" Hogg is to pop the mego version off and use it on your FTC.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
                          If Daisy's sculpt looks even better than the prototype, it'd be a Bach clone, of course minus the jaw, so she's probably looking terrific---especially if you can find a way to camouflage that lower jawline with hair.
                          Your best bet with getting that close a likeness with Boss "I look like a bald Gary Marshall" Hogg is to pop the mego version off and use it on your FTC.
                          Sorry, in hand, you would never know it was supposed to be Catherine Bach unless someone told you, and then you'd ask them if they're sure. None of the likenesses on the Dukes are that great, but you might pick out Bo and Luke from a crowd if pressed. Haven't got the other second wave characters yet, but they all seem pretty far off form the photos I've seen. This head isn't terrific by any means, but it's nowhere near as horrific as early pics made it look. I will say if the jaw was fixed, it would be a good, somewhat attractive woman you could see out in the real world somewhere. It is a major departure from the more Barbie-esque classic female hero heads; it does have some personality to it. If they give this kind of detail to the '66 Catwoman and Batgirl heads and match the likenesses about the way they have in that line so far, those figures should turn out pretty well.

Does the head resemble Daisy Duke? Not even close, in hand. Would it look a lot better with about half of that jawbone? Definitely. But it is a head I could actually see someone using on a Mego body for some customs; it is unquestionably more attractive than the Invisible Girl head sold on the sister site, and is in a workable scale to the normal Mego stuff. So while it ain't great, it ain't that bad, either.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

What happen to Jim's cool video of those? I liked that.

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

i'd rather have a general lee!!

Comment

• alex
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 15, 2009

I normally take things for what they are, but that Daisy in bikini has to be the worst Remego to date.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎