Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Nice pick up. That is a very good price! I got lucky and picked up an Aquaman Pocket Hero carded for that same price but the card was a little rough and it was about 10 years ago.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Some new pickups
      Mego , super powers , and Fist fighters it's almost convoluted.
      IMG_20160917_120825424.jpg

I wonder how many different bagged comic variants there are. The other side is Super-stars 3 with Legion of superheroes.
      IMG_20160917_120702068.jpg
      Last edited by Mr.Marion; Sep 17, '16, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not very versed in comics, pre-1980. Was Aquaman the headliner in "Action" whenever he didn't have his own book?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I'm not very versed in comics, pre-1980. Was Aquaman the headliner in "Action" whenever he didn't have his own book?
          He headlined Adventure comics 441-452
          And had some appearances before that starting with 435 although Spector was the featured Cover star.
          I'm missing a good half dozen from that run.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

IMG_20180526_125142944.jpg

The Frankenstein Aquaman looks good next to the FTC shark.
            IMG_20180526_125218950.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Sometimes, I get lucky in my collecting and everything falls into place: I finally nabbed a minty Ideal Aquaman figurine with near-perfect factory paint and an intact knife at what I consider a great price for its condition. It's such a great little toy. I have'nt been this pleased since I upgraded my Mego Arrowcar!

Next goal--Captain Action Aquaman?
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 20, '20, 9:39 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Sometimes, I get lucky in my collecting and everything falls into place: I finally nabbed a minty Ideal Aquaman figurine with near-perfect factory paint and an intact knife at what I consider a great price for its condition. It's such a great little toy. I have'nt been this pleased since I upgraded my Mego Arrowcar!

Congrats! It;s always a great feeling when something you have wanted for a long time presents itself to be had.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Congrats, love that figurine.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Congrats on the Ideal figure, and finding it WITH the knife intact. Almost impossible, it seems. I've had mine for over 20 years, and bought it from the comic shop I was working at when my boss bought a collection off of a guy. I got it for $5, and it's otherwise nice, but missing that blasted knife!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks all, I paid a bit dearly for that knife but the paint is also awesome.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 21, '20, 5:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎