X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Vintage Aquaman toys

I've been looking for vintage Aquaman items but I gotta say the well has been pretty dry.
    I did pick up a carded Super Powers lot that included him for a fair price. But everything else has been priced very high or the subject of a bidding war.
    I hope to pick up a mint loose Pocket Hero, bend-n-flex, and maybe the comic action hero.
    But its just not out there right now. Even the TPB Death of a Prince has been going for gangbuster prices.
    Which other Aquaman toys are out there beside the 60's ideal, mego, and super powers items?
    I think I read about a rare boogie board and a plastic fish tank.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

A lot of 60s Aqua stuff is amazing but pricey. I know a guy who is pretty hardcore and there is some really amazing, obscure and sadly pricey stuff out there.

I used to collect, the Aquarium was in my sights a few times but I never hit the trigger:
    I figure Monday morning and the start of the week is a good time to put up something exciting. So here's Aquaman's Supersea Aquarium , made ...
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Another thing I would love to own but never will. I brokered a purchase of one of these once for another collector, never got to see it.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

May I direct you to my pal Rob's Aquaman Shrine?

All About the King of the Seven Seas--Aquaman!

Here's the boogie board/sea sled:

Behold the awesomeness that is-- The Aquaman Sea Sled! Actually, it's not all that awesome--odds are, some toy manufacturer (in this case, ...

And the Aquarium/Fish Tank:

The Shrine posted this item many, many years ago , but at the time all I had...

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
          Another thing I would love to own but never will. I brokered a purchase of one of these once for another collector, never got to see it.

Never seen that before. looks like a early 70's piece. I have to admit I'm unaware of MONG.

I do check out the shrine from time to time. The podcast is good too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I think the Multiple Toymakers JLA sets were from 1967, and I do believe they made up Mong. If they didn't, he's a one-hit wonder from the comics.

The podcast is good as long as it's not the Power Records episodes. Rob's great, but that other guy sucks.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I think the Multiple Toymakers JLA sets were from 1967, and I do believe they made up Mong. If they didn't, he's a one-hit wonder from the comics.

The podcast is good as long as it's not the Power Records episodes. Rob's great, but that other guy sucks.

Chris
              Love those episodes. Good ol fashion fun listening to those records again.

If any follow Aquamaniacs are interested I have extra mego for sale. http://m.ebay.com/itm/191576616092?

Comment

• Bocasean
                • Nov 30, 2014

WOW!!! That thing is incredible! How many of those do you think even exist? Also, on a semi-related note, if anyone knows of an original Aquaman sketch/drawing/painting by Paul Norris, please let me know! I've been looking for one for years and I'm worried I might never be able to acquire one.
                WANTED: Original artwork (comics, toys/merch, and color guides), 1966 Avengers Buttonworld pinback (carded/bagged), and a white-carded MOC Captain America Pocket Heroes. Do me a solid and like my hard work at www.facebook.com/1toy2many

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I collect Aquaman, too! We're a small lot, I guess.

I was not aware of the Aquarium. I do know of the Ideal & Multiple items--the Aqua Sub set is incredible. I doubt I'll ever have more than a loose Ideal Aquaman, though.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; May 18, '15, 4:50 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Great deal on a loose Aqualad right now. I paid over double that for mine. http://m.ebay.com/itm/291466363567?

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Geez, I'd hate to know how much that went for. I too, look at that toy as a grail---even though I'm not sure I've seen that specific one until now, it still tops my list, as I put Aquaman almost above Superman as far as "favorite collectibles that would coincide with my childhood", and nothing represents that more than the Filmation AQUAMAN cartoon which featured Mera (who is in that playset)---I've been very aware of multiple late-1960's "JLA"-related Ideal playsets available, and I remember seeing the main JLA many times, sometimes in person, but other JLA related playsets from that era have been rarer for me to see---

So, seeing THAT one is tops.

And, yes, that's a playset I'd never remove from the packaging, of course (its a very expensive piece that also has great display qualities fully closed boxes don't have)----although, finding an opened one that might be cheaper, or even one with a repro box would be great.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

My Mego Aquaman collection so far.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡