Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Lvved it, watched in 3D and thought it was amazing.

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

We saw it at a drivein and I felt I missed way too much detail as well.

It was a really good movie. I wasn't thrilled with Ultron's "human" sense of humor which seemed to cheesy for me. But that's a personal preference.

Give me more!
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ^As much as I love that scene...I want to see Cap use the hammer. Not sure they'll do it now, but Cap has used it in the comics.

I forgot to mention when I saw it yesterday it was with the whole family, at our hometown theater. I haven't seen that place that busy in years. Pretty much full for a Sunday matinee, even!

Chris
        I think with that scene they have eluded to or shown cap was the closest of them all and I think they have set it up that he could in the future wield it.
        No watch your language...LOL
        Poor Cap...LOL
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Allie Fox
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 1, 2009

After three viewings now, I'm convinced that Ultron should have been done better. I wasn't too keen on the Stark-like snark. A couple of friends pointed out that Ultron was "programmed" by Stark so he is infused with some of Stark's "butthole-ishness." Ultron did not seem to pose too much of a threat. His "minions" all seemed to be nothing more than lifeless cannon fodder and the Prime was just a larger version of the minions.

In hindsight, the whole story feels like a placeholder with elements to carry into CA: Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok and ultimately Infinity War.

It was fun though!

One thing I noticed were the two young "scientists" at the Nexus hub in Oslo. When Stark was doing his thing, the two behind him were taking selfies with their phones. My initial thought was that it was (at least meant to be) Fitz and Simmons from Agents of Shield but I haven't seen anything to indicate that.
          Last edited by Allie Fox; May 7, '15, 8:47 AM.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I think they went with Ultron having a personality to go against the stereotypical "evil emotionless robot" thing. Plus, they were going to introduce the Vision with a personality, and Jarvis kind of already had one, so the precedent was there.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I liked the connection with Ultron's personality because what it did is illustrate Stark's flawed arrogance in perceiving which species survived in the name of peace. As Stark, he looked at peace as benefiting mankind. But when implanted into Ultron as it's own conscience guidance, it picked it's own construction. But in either case, there was no morality applied to that end game. Eradication was the means. I thought that worked really well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, it made it that much more personal, since essentially the Avengers were fighting a corrupted version of Stark, fully integrated into his "armor".

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

I liked the idea, but the implementation was poor by Ultron. His floating city crashing to the Earth was going to eradicate him as well as all of his minions(which to be honest were pretty worthless). Heck the end battle was pretty darn similar between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2 if you think about it. Chitauri = Ultron Minions, Ultron = Loki, NY = Sokovia, People of NY = People of Sokovia,.

Also didn't Ultron have a backup copy of himself anywhere? Maybe in a not activated body?
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by drquest
                    I liked the idea, but the implementation was poor by Ultron. His floating city crashing to the Earth was going to eradicate him as well as all of his minions(which to be honest were pretty worthless). Heck the end battle was pretty darn similar between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2 if you think about it. Chitauri = Ultron Minions, Ultron = Loki, NY = Sokovia, People of NY = People of Sokovia,.

Also didn't Ultron have a backup copy of himself anywhere? Maybe in a not activated body?
                    I wouldn't take Ultron as being one robotic entity, so I'm confident that wasn't the end of him (or Pietro for that matter).

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

^Yeah, it made it that much more personal, since essentially the Avengers were fighting a corrupted version of Stark, fully integrated into his "armor".

Chris
                      Exactly because that's the final straw that ultimately gets the registration act rolling. You've watched this ongoing debate between Cap and Stark become more and more contentious. Cap 3 should really be a barn burner of a film. If there's anything interesting about all of these films, it's that most have multiple heroes in them, so that kind of takes some of the steam out of the Avengers unless you purposely lead in with a story people are expecting as they are with Cap III. I think moving forward, they will essentially need to do that in a more deliberate fashion.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet...during one of the battle sequences with Ultron you can make out a Wonderman logo in the face of Ultron's mask/head. I can't find the screen cap...but I laughed when I saw it. They put a lot of little things in the movie that just say that Marvel is doing these movies the right way. Now if DC can get off of their arses and get a movie done that's half as good as any in the Marvel spectrum so far then they'll be on their way to being able to do it as well as they can do TV.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

I was waiting to see it again next week before chiming in, but Meanie just caught something that makes perfect sense.

Whedon wanted to do the original Wonder Man story arc, Fiege wanted to do Age of Ultron. They compromised, and then the "who owns Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch" issue must have arose, and Ike/Fiege wanted to fight.

Wonder Man being created from Loki's staff as a cypher for the power of the Inifnity Gems makes a lot more sense than Silver and Witch. Especially when you consider all the effort AoS has been making in laying out Inhumans, and how AoU would have benefitted greatly story-wise, by just making Witch/Silver Inhumans trapped by Von Strucker.

You can see a weird trinity at work between Ultron/Vision/Wonder Man. Ultron's the skeleton, Vision is the flesh, Wonder Man is the soul. Wonder Man's sacrifice would funnel back to Vision's Inifinty Gem, giving him the ability to defeat Ultron.

As much as I don't care for Whedon he's a great story constructor, and AoU really doesn't have his vibe outside the character scenes. He does admit to a few things in a podcast with Empire, such as Hulk was originally grey in the Hex possession and the Thor-Cave scene was pretty much excised by Marvel.

Fiege said at reddit Silver is dead. What he didn't say is that's part of the deal with Fox over usage. Otherwise, Witch as the child of Magneto and Mystique would be a cleaner explanation of her powers - (Magnetism control infused with biomorphism equals physics morphism) - than Avenger's Highlander Magic and would fit perfectly in AoA.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Paul Bettany as the Vision stole the show for me, what a wonderful character.

My one major complaint though...after Quicksilver's heroic death...no one seemed to care afterwards...not even his sister.

Hawkeye just shows up at his house, no pouring of any beer in name of the poor speedster, lol.

No funeral, no send off, not even one little thanks...nada.

If I'm the next Quicksilver, I'm saving nobody...

P.S. Anybody else found Black Window calming the Hulk kinda creepy?

P.S. How long did Captain America wore his mask during the entire movie? Like 20 seconds?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

^As much as I love that scene...I want to see Cap use the hammer. Not sure they'll do it now, but Cap has used it in the comics.

I forgot to mention when I saw it yesterday it was with the whole family, at our hometown theater. I haven't seen that place that busy in years. Pretty much full for a Sunday matinee, even!

Chris
                              Cap is not worthy of lifting the hammer...he curses too much now, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Hawkeye had the best and most dramatic acting scenes. You would've thunk it?

That shows how much pull Jeremy Renner has.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎