X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by toothaction
    No. They make me the opposite of happy, especially when I see a line based around something I adore. Pretty sure I would feel the same even if there wasn't a persistent speculators market surrounding them, but that's just cold gravy on my lumpy potatoes.

That said, to each our own! Enjoy.
    Couldn't agree more. Sad to walk into my favorite toy haunts and seeing these things littering the joint. They're like the cockroaches of toys.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

Completely agree. Taking up a lot of good space at toy shows and conventions too.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

People probably said the same thing about Megos back in the day.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          Completely agree. Taking up a lot of good space at toy shows and conventions too.
          And they usually sell well enough at those shows to pay for those dealers tables while other stuff sits and gets packed up and taken home. It's cool not to like them, we all have different tastes, but don't look down on what others like and what makes those dealers money just because you don't like them, because if those dealers don't make money at the shows, they don't keep going to the shows or stay is business as dealers, or they have to charge more for the stuff you do want to make up the difference.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MRP
            And they usually sell well enough at those shows to pay for those dealers tables while other stuff sits and gets packed up and taken home. It's cool not to like them, we all have different tastes, but don't look down on what others like and what makes those dealers money just because you don't like them, because if those dealers don't make money at the shows, they don't keep going to the shows or stay is business as dealers, or they have to charge more for the stuff you do want to make up the difference.

-M

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            What he said and I'd still rather see a whole wall of POPS rather than the infestation we had a few years back known as----the Beanie Babies!!!! I mean, yeah, there certainly are a TON of POPS, but at least more than a few represent subject matter that I actually am interested in. Plus, if people, lots of people, didn't buy 'em, they wouldn't be nearly as prolific as they are. And, give 'em a couple of years and they'll be replaced by whatever the NEXT big thing in toys/collectibles will be...
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              What he said and I'd still rather see a whole wall of POPS rather than the infestation we had a few years back known as----the Beanie Babies!!!!
              "Why you gotta' be a hater?"

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

>>cringes<<

Man, I remember going to a few flea markets and seeing nothing but tables upon tables of those furry, little bastitches! LOL!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                  >>cringes<<

Man, I remember going to a few flea markets and seeing nothing but tables upon tables of those furry, little bastitches! LOL!
                  This too, shall pass.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

I wonder how folks will react to Funko's latest line then...plushies!

-M

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by MRP
                      This too, shall pass.

-M

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^Those Disney plushes look quite a bit like Hallmark's Itty Bittys.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by toothaction
                          No. They make me the opposite of happy, especially when I see a line based around something I adore. Pretty sure I would feel the same even if there wasn't a persistent speculators market surrounding them, but that's just cold gravy on my lumpy potatoes.

That said, to each our own! Enjoy.
                          I completely understand why they aren't everyone's brand of a vodka especially when in a way they are replacing traditional figures. I haven't avoided the trend entirely and have around 10 of em. You have to admit they are everywhere and they do have alot of selections.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Well,I finally drew the line with these. I won't be buying Pops of the Royal family.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              Well,I finally drew the line with these. I won't be buying Pops of the Royal family.
                              Yeah, I saw those. I was like, why?
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by ScottA
                                Yeah, I saw those. I was like, why?
                                While it doesn't intersect with toy collecting much, there is a rather healthy collector's market for anything British royal: memorabilia, keepsakes, art, etc. especially if it depicts Diana or anything form her royal wedding. Funko may be branching out trying to tap into a different collector's market with this and not the usual pop culture market they make product for.

-M

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎