X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Anyone into Funko Pops ?

They are nice little novelties. And their wide range of licenses, there is something for Everyone.
    So far I picked up
    Groot
    70's Elvis
    Flash
    Cthulhu
    Robbie the robot

They go up in price if you buy the right ones. Although I fear its a beenie baby type bubble. I wish I would have gotten Tupac, Biggie, Hendrix, Aquaman, before they skyrocketed.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Each member of our family has a few. I have the regular comic Batman and Robin (Tim Drake) and the Adam West and Burt Ward versions. My wife has all of the Beauty and the Beast releases, and a few other Disney items. My son has Deadpool and a few others, and my daughter has various Disney characters. I think they are a lot of fun.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

I know there are some fans (and some non-fans) of the Funko POP line here on the boards. Personally, I kinda dig the little things. They're a different take on familiar characters and (most of the time) they're not outrageously expensive. I have quite a few of them and am looking forward to the eventual Dr. Who line. I know they did the B9 Robot for LIS, but I'd love to see them do other characters from that show as well. Plus, I'm looking forward the The Flash and Arrow lines and I'm hoping for a line based on Gotham in the future, too. I've never seen any of the Hanna Barbera characters in Funko format, but I'd love to see a few of those, too!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• JWLJN
        Veteran Member
        • May 7, 2013

Had something like this been out twenty five years ago, I doubt my mind could have comprehended it. Every single one of my interests in one line? G.I. Joe, Star Wars, wrestling, Batman '66, He-Man, Ghostbusters, The Simpsons, Oz, A Christmas Story, Rudolph, Pooh. But now, with limited space and funds. I own two WWE ones total.

I agree that it's going to be a Beanie Baby deal and that when Funko ends the line eventually the prices will really drop.

-J\/\/
        http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Miracleman Pop that I made.
          miraclemanpop1.jpg miraclemanpop2.jpg
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I have Batman Unmasked on my desk at work.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by ScottA
              I have Batman Unmasked on my desk at work.
              I'm jealous! My boss at work won't let us put out anything that isn't "business related" with the exception of very small framed photos of loved ones, pets, etc. His reasoning is it's supposed to look like a place for "serious business"---whatever the heck that means! Personally, I think he just has a stick up his you-know-what and likes to lord his "boss" status over everyone....
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                Miracleman Pop that I made.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15153[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]15154[/ATTACH]
                That's too cool, sammy. I take it you cannibalized another Funko for such an undertaking?

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

There is a guy at work who has one of a character from World of Warcraft and another guy has one of the NFL Jaguars.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                    That's too cool, sammy. I take it you cannibalized another Funko for such an undertaking?
                    thanks.

Nope... they make Blanks, and I just sculpt on top of it with Apoxie and paint it up. Although the Blanks have become a bit scarce lately, so I might have to cannibalize other figures.. problem is that Funk Pops have become really quite detailed with specific characters, so it's tough to find one that makes a plain ol' "base" body.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                      thanks.

Nope... they make Blanks, and I just sculpt on top of it with Apoxie and paint it up. Although the Blanks have become a bit scarce lately, so I might have to cannibalize other figures.. problem is that Funk Pops have become really quite detailed with specific characters, so it's tough to find one that makes a plain ol' "base" body.
                      Man, I'm gonna have to try and find some of those (scarcity not withstanding)...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Gonna have to pick up Daredevil when they come out.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Those DDs are sweet! I'll have to be on the lookout for those, too.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

some of these are really hard to resist!

Buy Guardians of the Galaxy Ravagers Logo Dancing Groot Funko Pop! Vinyl Bobble Head Figure - Entertainment Earth Exclusive at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy X-Men Beast Marvel Funko Pop! Vinyl Bobble Head at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy Aquaman New 52 Previews Exclusive Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy Alien Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure #30 at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Last edited by samurainoir; May 4, '15, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Yes they are, sammy. BTW, I found some blanks at Barnes and Noble. What is Apoxie and can you recommend good paints for these little buggers?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎