Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does THOR set go up for pre=order? Who's NEXT? C2E2 reveal(s)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Agree... no more giant rubber boots, gloves and helmets.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

The famous covers Wolverine had a better looking removable cowl

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Daredevil is a tough one for me. His main costume has always been red. So, do I want a Mego retro red costume or a modern red costume?

The yellow and red was always cool, but honestly, it came and went so quick. And it was long gone by the time Megos came around, so having that as a retro over the red costume doesn't completely appeal to me. I'd rather have a red costume that fits with the Megos.

And if they make that, then what costume would be best for the modern update? And their is my dilemma.

Comment

• melkorjunior
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 20, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Daredevil is a tough one for me. His main costume has always been red. So, do I want a Mego retro red costume or a modern red costume?

The yellow and red was always cool, but honestly, it came and went so quick. And it was long gone by the time Megos came around, so having that as a retro over the red costume doesn't completely appeal to me. I'd rather have a red costume that fits with the Megos.

And if they make that, then what costume would be best for the modern update? And their is my dilemma.
          Those are all good points. Assuming they make the retro figure in DD's first appearance colors, that means the modern red outfit will be included as an extra--which means if you want you could simply dress the retro figure in the red outfit instead. Of course if the retro style figure has a head that looks like Mego Batman or Mego Captain America--i.e., silly and lame--then I'll happily display the modern version instead.

I think DD had an armored outfit at some point. But honestly after his red outfit, the yellow is the most iconic.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by melkorjunior
            Those are all good points. Assuming they make the retro figure in DD's first appearance colors, that means the modern red outfit will be included as an extra--which means if you want you could simply dress the retro figure in the red outfit instead. Of course if the retro style figure has a head that looks like Mego Batman or Mego Captain America--i.e., silly and lame--then I'll happily display the modern version instead.

I think DD had an armored outfit at some point. But honestly after his red outfit, the yellow is the most iconic.
            DD has the armored costume and the Shadowland costume too. Neither is iconic.

The only problem with dressing the retro in the red is that the yellow costume has a yellow mask, so it won't work.

Not to start this discussion again, but what is Mego-like anyway when it comes to head sculpts? Modern Spider-Man and Captain America fit in just fine when I had them standing in front of the FTC DC Repros. With a figure never done before by Mego, I don't think it makes that much of a difference between so called modern and retro styles.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

The red costume, yellow and red costume, and Matt sounds like just what we need!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎