• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Miller to write DK3

http://www.superherohype.com/news/33...he-master-race

looking forward to this. Dark Knight Returns is my all time favorite comic book storyline. the sequel was, at best, Meh! hopefully this is a proper sequel
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I think Frank Milller has done enough damage to comics already. He should just retire.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
      I think Frank Milller has done enough damage to comics already. He should just retire.

Sadly, I'm forced to agree. The Dark Knight Strikes again was mediocre at best. And his ALL STAR Batman & Robin series w/Jim Lee was some of the worst writing I've ever seen.
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Dark Knight Strikes Again was horrible. Miller was laughing all the way to the bank as he destroyed the characters in it. Of course now, nearly everyone at DC is doing that, so I guess one more won't hurt.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

He's a parody of himself.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
            I'd agree, though probably for not exactly the same reasons. DK2 was crap, and look what he did to The Spirit. That said, he gave DD a pretty good jump-start.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I will say I enjoy "Batman Year One" but I fail to see his allure in the last 20 years.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

wasn't this SUPPOSED to be DK3? Before DC let it go due to it's tone.

Brian Azzerello is on board. I like his stuff in general, so I'll check it out.
                Last edited by samurainoir; Apr 25, '15, 11:33 AM.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• supes
                  For the love of Mego's!
                  • Jan 19, 2004

I agree The Dark Knight Strikes again was terrible!! Apparently Frank Miller the putz has titled the new Dark Knight book the master race, my son just told me. I will not be getting it that's for sure.

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

did anyone read it? what did you think? Master Race refers to Kryptonians(The Kandorians). I picked up the HC trade. I enjoyed it, it was way better than DK Strikes Again. leaves the door open for a 4th series, which is rumored already in the works

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

I did read it and was surprised it was...GOOD! Loved Kubert's artwork! I LOVE what Superman did for Batman...it leaves the door wide open for DK4.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, artwork was awesome but I did not like the way the drew Lara. her face looked like a guy

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Frank Miller is a great example of the right writer for the right moment in time.

The kind of writer who is successful, but could never, himself, explain why.

See Charlie Kaufman's commentary on his own writing in the Adaptation screenplay for a great example of this. The difference is that through the Adaptation screenplay, Charlie Kaufman's journey revealed he eventually became self-aware... Frank Miller? Not.

It's not surprising though... SO many comicbook wrtiters (as well as novelists) fall into this category. It's part of the genre.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎