X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Modern CAPTAIN AMERICA "Fixed."

Ok, as we all know some changes needed to be made to bring Cap up to par. First, the star: removed it and added a repro sticker. Then I fixed the "low crotch syndrome" by cutting out the feet of the costume, pulling his pants up and taping around the ankles. I hated the trunks(too baggy)so I ditched them and added blue tape on his belt, as belt loops to create the illusion he might be wearing trunks. And last, I cut the piece of plastic off the inside of the shield because it wasn't needed and just got in the way. Little bit of work...but I'm happy with end result.

sigpic
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Great job!!! Might have to alter mine the same way.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Looks better IMO, nicely done.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I say, instead of cutting the feet out, just put a stitch in the seam and open the foot material. The stitch will stop the seam from opening any farther, and it's repairable later. Same thing with the Spider-man outfit with the boots and low riding crotch.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          I say, instead of cutting the feet out, just put a stitch in the seam and open the foot material. The stitch will stop the seam from opening any farther, and it's repairable later. Same thing with the Spider-man outfit with the boots and low riding crotch.
          But the thing is, I don't care about resale value... I'm never going to sell him and I'll never take the boots off. So what does it matter really?
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

My thoughts are for those who might want to do the same thing, without destroying the bottom of the costume. I shall try to keep my comments to myself in the future...

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

It looks fantastic ! just enjoy it and who cares about resale . These sets will be on ebay for years and loose modern toys even in mint condition don't sell for much.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

I messed with my Cap too

100_7149.jpg100_7137.jpg100_7135.jpg

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I'd do something better than tape, especially in the humidity state of Florida. Elastic stirrups or what Lonnie suggested to keep the length and keep it from unraveling up the leg.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    My thoughts are for those who might want to do the same thing, without destroying the bottom of the costume. I shall try to keep my comments to myself in the future...
                    Nah, it's cool dude... state your ideas, I won't be offended. They're our figures, we can all do what we want with them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎