Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toycade
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 8, 2014

The Emerald City Exclusive is a wild-card at least as far as I am concerned. Your guess is as good as mine!

Comment

• Agent4125
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 23, 2007

Originally posted by Toycade
      ... You won't be seeing a lot of Batman this year. The next 2 waves are going to blow your mind. ...
      Does this mean no Batman and Robin variants in the next two waves, but 8 new characters?
      That would be great!

Comment

• Toycade
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jul 8, 2014

I am never going to steal Figures thunder (or get into serious trouble for revealing waves!) but it is my opinion that the next 2 waves are going to among the most fan-friendly yet. You like what you see on the cardbacks right? Keeping in mind that they could change their minds at any time.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I think when it comes to the use of the term "variant", there's a different definition for just about every person in this hobby. You've got packaging variants; You've got accessory variants; You've got variations of the figure itself. And within all of that, you've got the added measure of what qualifies as a "true variant". I like to call it variety. Diehard fans of this series can enjoy what amounts to episodic variants, while the more casual fan can enjoy the new characters. There's plenty to pick and choose from, so it's a great predicament to have. Hopefully everyone wins!

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jeffbearco
            My main concern is that after this week, 1st quarter is done. Over.

JeffBearCO
            Actually we're in the Second quarter now

Quarters are-
            1st-jan,feb,march
            2nd-april,may,june
            3rd-july,aug,sept
            4th-oct,nov,dec

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
              I am never going to steal Figures thunder (or get into serious trouble for revealing waves!) but it is my opinion that the next 2 waves are going to among the most fan-friendly yet. You like what you see on the cardbacks right? Keeping in mind that they could change their minds at any time.
              Do you know if FTC has the likeness rights for the entire cast? I mean we see O'Hara on the card backs while Gordon is missing. What about less known villains like Olga, False Face, Siren or Clock King? I wouldn't mind seeing modern characters done in 1966 style, Two Face or Harley Quinn as the Batman '66 comic is doing, but there are still some popular real tv villains I would love to see, such as the 4 I mentioned above. Green Hornet and Kato too. Plus, Lee's Catwoman would really be nice.

Comment

• OCSuperman
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 4, 2014

I am chomping at the bit for more (new) '66 Batman figures ... FTC has these spot on! What do you think for Batgirl / B Gordan / Catwomen ... rooted hair? I hope so, but batgirl w/ a cowl and rooted hair might be tricky ... ?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Will 66 Batgirl have removeable cowl? Barbara Gordon had short black hair and wore a red wig as Batgirl! How will FTC work that?

Comment

• Boxheadman
                    • Jul 24, 2014

I know they were particularly proud of securing Batgirl. Speaking to Yvonne Craig directly (no "My people will talk to your people") to put her at ease and assure her it would be a first rate product. I never want to steal their thunder or reveal secrets so I can't really speak on head sculpts other than to say, they want to sell a lot of Batgirl figures. They want Ms. Craig to stay happy. They are very motivated to present an incredible product. In my opinion, Batgirl and Julie Newmar Catwoman will be the second wind for this line. If they get those 2 right, they extend the line for years to come. Mess those up, and it spells trouble. In a years time, we will probably be hearing "ANOTHER BATGIRL! COME ON! Where in the world is Evening Gown Aunt Harriet?"

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Boxheadman
                      I know they were particularly proud of securing Batgirl. Speaking to Yvonne Craig directly (no "My people will talk to your people") to put her at ease and assure her it would be a first rate product. I never want to steal their thunder or reveal secrets so I can't really speak on head sculpts other than to say, they want to sell a lot of Batgirl figures. They want Ms. Craig to stay happy. They are very motivated to present an incredible product. In my opinion, Batgirl and Julie Newmar Catwoman will be the second wind for this line. If they get those 2 right, they extend the line for years to come. Mess those up, and it spells trouble. In a years time, we will probably be hearing "ANOTHER BATGIRL! COME ON! Where in the world is Evening Gown Aunt Harriet?"
                      Head sculpts and costumes aside,what would really help FTC Batgirl and Catwoman is to give them NEW improved female bodies and not use the same crappy bodies that they currently use for their females

Comment

• rlkrefft
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 14, 2010

Originally posted by Boxheadman
                        I can see them doing a couple Barbara Gordon figures (one in famous bathing suit as seen in the Surfing episode, and regular library version), Batgirl however is more tricky as she really had no other look, except the pilot Batgirl. I really can't think of any other variant. Catwoman, on the other hand, I can think of several. Not only one of each (Julie, Lee and Eartha) but each one masked and unmasked. Also, I vote for not having rooted hair. I don't think they look near as great with rooted hair. The females all have such bad hair. Julie, Eartha, and Yvonne all had certain styles that I don't think they can be done right in rooted hair. Hot Toys quality maybe, not the hair FTC currently uses. I just don't think it will work. They will not capture the style. Which is why I think they went with non rooted hair on Super Friends Jayna. I really do agree Catwoman and Batgirl will put life back into this line...me personally though, I mostly want King Tut, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, False Face and Commissioner Gordon. They are my top 5 wants. It concerns me Gordon is missing from the card back. I mean O'Hara? Really? Gordon needs to come first.IMO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

I think for Barbara Gordon, they pretty much have to go with molded hair. But for Batgirl, I'd still like to see the red hair coming from under the back of the mask. Hopefully a more realistic hair than the bright Ronald McDonald red they use on the other heads they sell.

As for Catwoman, I think they can do rooted hair and make it look good. I would like to see them do a clear headpiece to hold it in place while shipping. I'd also like to see them do her mask removable. That way they only have to do one head sculpt.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Toycade
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jul 8, 2014

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know we have added free shipping on pre-orders for the "Vote For Batman" exclusive. Thanks again! http://www.toycade.com/Vote-for-Batm...votebatman.htm

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

What want to no is why no news on Julie Newmar or Yvonne Craig? No announcement, no prototypes or anything. I hope FTC aren't getting sidetracked with all these other announcements.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

I'm definitely interested in a Barbara Gordon, librarian figure.
                                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎