Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

This may have been discussed already but it just dawned on me that so many of us (Me included) are waiting for both Catwoman & Batgirl in this line.
    I don't currently own any female figures but I was just looking at the FTC Daisy Duke figure and noticed that there are no elbow, knee, wrist or ankle joints.
    Thus, if they use the same body for Catwoman & Batgirl, there won't be a lot you can do to pose them.

FTC_DOH_S2_8inDaisyDuke.jpg
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

FTC should make all their female figures with multiple points of articulation. My daughter and her female friends want to pose their 8" female action figures in varies positions, just like the male figures can do. Even field FTC...Please even the playing field.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by houseofdracula
        This may have been discussed already but it just dawned on me that so many of us (Me included) are waiting for both Catwoman & Batgirl in this line.
        I don't currently own any female figures but I was just looking at the FTC Daisy Duke figure and noticed that there are no elbow, knee, wrist or ankle joints.
        Thus, if they use the same body for Catwoman & Batgirl, there won't be a lot you can do to pose them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15342[/ATTACH]
        FTC really shouldn't even use that body at all. Its probably cheaper for them.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Or they are going with the baloney of "Well, the original Mego body wasn't articulated; why should this one be?"

Uh, because you are trying to improve on the Mego legacy, dimwit, not copy it exactly! It's the same excuse they gave me for the teen gals figures.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Or they are going with the baloney of "Well, the original Mego body wasn't articulated; why should this one be?"

Uh, because you are trying to improve on the Mego legacy, dimwit, not copy it exactly! It's the same excuse they gave me for the teen gals figures.
            now now,we can't have all this negative nancy talk as it might offend the cheerleaders .FTC needs to stay cheesey or otherwise it wouldn't be a Mego

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
              now now,we can't have all this negative nancy talk as it might offend the cheerleaders .FTC needs to stay cheesey or otherwise it wouldn't be a Mego
              screw that! That's why I passed on WonderGirl, and I wanted one bad as a kid!!
              I'm just glad WonderWoman, Isis, and Batgirl in my collection are all
              poseable bodies. Not a fan of straight arms, or the silk screen printed suits ( on BG and SG)
              mego did....
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I think they realize that there would be open rebellion if they tried to use the simplified body for their premium line.

At minimum, they already have a female articulated body that they have been using for other lines. It is far from a perfect body, but it is better than the Daisey body.

Many of us are holding out hope that they re-do the female body to give a more believable female look.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• houseofdracula
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  I think they realize that there would be open rebellion if they tried to use the simplified body for their premium line.

At minimum, they already have a female articulated body that they have been using for other lines. It is far from a perfect body, but it is better than the Daisey body.

Many of us are holding out hope that they re-do the female body to give a more believable female look.

JeffBearCO
                  Thank you for letting me know.
                  As I said, I don't currently own any female figures so I'm not really sure of what to expect.
                  After reading your post, I went back and looked for an articulated female body and found this one that they use for the "Jane" figure.
                  I like that it can be posed.

FTC_ERB_Jane_BC.jpg
                  The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                  https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by houseofdracula

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15342[/ATTACH]
                    I'm fairly sure the Daisy body was a one off, specially made to harken back to the nightmare that was the cheap new body Mego made for the original Daisy figure. I'd be extremely surprised to see them use this...thing...on any other female figures.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                      Museum Patron
                      • Mar 6, 2014

Wow, wave 4 looks great! Everyone is new to me since I'm not getting the variant Alfred, so this is fantastic!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Looks like a great assortment. While this line and FTC are not without their problems, there's no denying that the 66 Batman line is the best Remego line to date and the best 66 Batman merchandise tie in ever.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I cannot believe in 4 waves we already have 9 VILLIANS and 4 are show created characters!

Bring on Catwoman and Batgirl (and Barbara Gordon) NEXT wave!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

FTC, shut up, and take my money!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

So, does anyone know what actors' likeness rights FTC has access to? Between what they advertise, and the Batman'66 comic, I'm trying to guess how deep they can go with the line.

The lack of rights for Roger C. Carmel confuse me--I've never read where he had heirs.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
                                I don't know who would "negative nancy" giving Daisy a new body and new bodies ESPECIALLY for the Catwoman/Batgirl 1966 stuff.

"Negative Nancying" really depends on the product. I'm actually surprised they DIDN'T give Daisy a new Catwoman Batgirl 1966 body upgrade simply because while the Dukes line is obviously a tribute to the old line---it ain't like their WGSH line which is so obviously a "replica" geared line.
                                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎