X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickD
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 31, 2011

Original Son of Dracula Theater Window Card

Came out to California for a few days. Was able to find this.

An original Son of Dracula theater window card. "They've got me covered" was the second showing.

Last edited by RickD; Apr 18, '15, 10:24 AM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, great find! Son of Dracula is underrated, in my opinion. Folks can't get past Chaney's casting, but I think he does well with the material, for the most part. The movie is film noir meets horror, and the plot is actually pretty novel, with the femme fatale turning the tables on the monster.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

What a great find! That is such an important piece, I really think you should consider having it restored. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.
      I can direct you to the guy that does all our inserts and window cards. He's located in California. He was able to make 1920's inserts that were used for insulation and had rusty nail holes etc. look like brand new. He is very, very good.

Comment

• RickD
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 31, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
        What a great find! That is such an important piece, I really think you should consider having it restored. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.
        I can direct you to the guy that does all our inserts and window cards. He's located in California. He was able to make 1920's inserts that were used for insulation and had rusty nail holes etc. look like brand new. He is very, very good.
        Dwayne, I appreciate you letting me know about the guy who can restore, but I love the age and the history this Window Card has taken over the years. The writing on this piece speaks volumes in my opinion. I can just imagine Sunday April 23rd, people lining up to see Son of Dracula looking at this Theater Window card while waiting in line. I'm just glad the holes didn't cover Lon Chaney's face.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by 80stoyman
          Dwayne, I appreciate you letting me know about the guy who can restore, but I love the age and the history this Window Card has taken over the years. The writing on this piece speaks volumes in my opinion. I can just imagine Sunday April 23rd, people lining up to see Son of Dracula looking at this Theater Window card while waiting in line. I'm just glad the holes didn't cover Lon Chaney's face.
          No problem, and I totally understand your point. I deal in vintage movie posters for a living, and there are two distinct camps. Those who like restoration, and those who like preservation. Some of our buyers only collect linenbacked posters while some prefer them in their original state, flaws and all.
          I would still recommend some minor restoration. You can have the card simply cleaned without altering it in any way. It will flatten out, remove any dirt/stains and stabilize the pH to prevent further deterioration. If you want to just do that, they make a pH stabilizer spray you can use yourself. It's sold at Michaels.
          Congrats again on such a beautiful and rare piece!

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

Congrats on the pick up! That thing rocks! I agree that the writings and every crinkle to it adds to the history. I picked up a Bianchi Leather poster, "Last of the Lawmen" autographed by John Bianchi and Skeeter Skelton and it's rough and has some tears around the edges, wrinkles and so on but it gives it that rustic appeal and just to me personally adds to the charm of it.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That's very cool!
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎