X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickD
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 31, 2011

AE/SI Clark Kent

I will be honest, these are not my strong point. The snaps are throwing me off including the discoloration of the outfits. I've looked at the gallery and I still cannot tell.

Are these repro or original

• TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I'm no expert either, but judging buy those pics, I'm going to say original. That's definitely not a doc mego
    shirt w/ red necktie, the texture is different, plus the soiling, the pants seeming look original,
    too bad the tag is torn off.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

You have a WINNER!! They are original. Congrats. Texture/pattern on the back of the tie should look like a waffle pattern that is on one side of the early Type 1 Robin and Batman Gloves. Very nice pickup...now all you need is the head, glasses, and hat. Hat and glasses being the hardest of the 3.

Comment

• RickD
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 31, 2011

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        You have a WINNER!! They are original. Congrats. Texture/pattern on the back of the tie should look like a waffle pattern that is on one side of the early Type 1 Robin and Batman Gloves. Very nice pickup...now all you need is the head, glasses, and hat. Hat and glasses being the hardest of the 3.
        This is great news. I went to an Antique mall today. In the corner was a group of dolls with a boxed Mego Grandpa Walton. Well Grandpa Walton was wearing this Clark Kent outfit. I had to jump all over it.

Thanks again for the responses,

Rick

Comment

• clemso
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 8, 2001

I'll be honest, i am almost agree (that its original), its just the jacket and the size of the buttons and placement. Either that or the jacket looks a little short. Maybe its just the angle of your pic. Perhaps take a pic of the suit on a T1 body and see what that looks like. The tie needs to be double checked as well.

Comment

• RickD
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 31, 2011

Here is a picture of the tie. Unfortunately, someone put a small pin through the tie to keep it from going anywhere on the doll. You can see the pin going through the hole.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by 80stoyman
              Here is a picture of the tie. Unfortunately, someone put a small pin through the tie to keep it from going anywhere on the doll. You can see the pin going through the hole.

Winner winner chicken dinner! That's what I was looking for. Little tip...if you decide to clean the shirt 1) DO NOT!!! use oxyclean. Use Woolite. and 2) if you decide to clean the shirt, make sure that the tie is outside of the water. It will bleed and you will end up with a pink shirt. Looks like you have an all original complete outfit. Congrats.

Comment

• k2
                Career Member
                • Sep 12, 2007

Yeah, too bad about the tag, still I would be so happy to find that at a store! Lucky!!!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎