X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jeffbearco
    A good Batgirl and Catwoman combo could find its way under a lot of Christmas trees this year if they are available!

Personally, I'd love it if they skipped the non-removable mask versions of both and did removable mask versions right from the start!

JeffBearCO
    ^^^ Could Not AGREE MORE!

FTC: has BOTH Julie Newmar's & Eartha Kitt's CATWOMAN pictures depicting them Without their masks! I hope they are NOT going to try to force a whole 2nd purchase to get BOTH Newmar & Kitt Catwoman figures with the iconic Cat mask. I will buy x2-3 of each Catwoman figure IF they have removable Masks. Catwoman without having the option to be either Masked or mask-less is a BIG FAIL to me, considering it would be just to get future purchases. If they have in scale heads & removable masks, I'll probably end up with at least x3 of each, but IF they go with molded Masks or mask-less without including a RM, I might buy x1 of each & be bored by the time the 2nd version is presented. If they go Maskless & do NOT include a Mask, but then make the RM versions of Catwoman $35 exclusives...... I will NOT play that game....@ All! This concludes my daily rant about (& threats to) FTC. We will now return to our regularly scheduled program.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

The only way to do removable masks is like a pair of glasses (basically like the ones they actually wore in the show from what I've seen). Rooted hair is going to make it very hard to use an elastic band like Robin's mask (impossible if the hair is actually styled in some way like Solomon Kane). The glasses/mask would be a perfect way to easily put on and take off the mask without mussing the hair. Now, they might be thinking of offering versions with masks sculpted on the face as exclusives instead, but I really think that would be a major mistake that would tick off a large part of their target market here. A removable mask is not that difficult here if it is designed correctly.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe I was a bit hasty saying no Catwoman release until next year, maybe will see one
        by Christmas? I would like to see a False Face sometime soon and maybe Henchman for 2017?
        a 4 figure henchman relase, Penguins Goon, Joker henchman (giggler) Mr. Freeze henchman
        (Frosty) and a Catwoman henchman with tigerstripe shirt and Mouseketeer ears.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          Maybe I was a bit hasty saying no Catwoman release until next year, maybe will see one
          by Christmas? I would like to see a False Face sometime soon and maybe Henchman for 2017?
          a 4 figure henchman relase, Penguins Goon, Joker henchman (giggler) Mr. Freeze henchman
          (Frosty) and a Catwoman henchman with tigerstripe shirt and Mouseketeer ears.
          I think a henchman pack or one per wave are a must; they were a very important part of the show, almost as vital as the main villains themselves. THey wouldn't need to try to get actual likenesses or anything; they could probably get away with using some of the generic heads they already have (though head scale might be a little bit of an issue there, with the '66 heads being a tad bigger).

Comment

• rlkrefft
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 14, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
            The only way to do removable masks is like a pair of glasses (basically like the ones they actually wore in the show from what I've seen). Rooted hair is going to make it very hard to use an elastic band like Robin's mask (impossible if the hair is actually styled in some way like Solomon Kane). The glasses/mask would be a perfect way to easily put on and take off the mask without mussing the hair. Now, they might be thinking of offering versions with masks sculpted on the face as exclusives instead, but I really think that would be a major mistake that would tick off a large part of their target market here. A removable mask is not that difficult here if it is designed correctly.
            Both the Barbie Julie Newmar Catwoman and the Tonner Julie Newmar Catwoman have a mask with a band and they seem to hold up pretty well. Years ago DC Direct did 13" figures and they had snap on masks that fit the face without any bands. Green Arrow, Black Canary, Robin and Green Lantern all had these types of masks. Something like this would be great for Catwoman. She must include her mask. The Mattel Catwoman 6" figure looks stupid without hers. It's my least favorite version of Julie so far. Catwoman was never seen in public without her mask on...unless she was at the prison or police station, or undercover as Miss Kitka.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Updated to show pre-order status on a couple of items.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

Gladly updated to finally add a Wonder Woman series. Kinda disappointed that it isn't until 2016. Maybe for my birthday in March!!!

Lots of hope that these turn out great!

Also moved Scooby-Doo up to late 2015 along with Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

2016 is Wonder Woman's 75th anniversary! Wonderful tribute!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

As much as I'm looking forward to these, I'm a little bit chuffed they're not due till next year. A bit of breathing space left to get everything else that's MEANT to be out this year.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I was hoping for a Christmas release too. But with everything else they are trying to get out this year, I can understand. I just hope they are first quarter 2016 and they don't put it off indefinitely.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 11, 2014

Let me add there are also things coming you don't know about this year.

Comment

• TomStrong
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                          Let me add there are also things coming you don't know about this year.
                          Does my heart good to hear such hints. Its like somebody telling you you're getting cool Mego for Christmas they just won't tell you what it is!

Comment

• Toycade
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jul 8, 2014

August-December is going to be nuts. Put a bug in Santa's ear early.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Updated to add First Appearance series.

August 2015
                              First Appearance Wave One: (preorder) Classic Batman, Classic Removable Cowl Batman, Removable Cowl Batgirl in Black, and Robin with yellow cape or green cape on a teen body

First Appearance line continues: visible on the wave one card back are: Flash, Specter, Supergirl and Wonder Woman

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

Moved Batman 66 Series 4 to October 2015 and now available for pre-order.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎