Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glantern
    • Mar 6, 2015

EMCE/Diamond Captain America Review at The Figure in Question

Hi guys! As I promised in my Spider-Man thread, I posted my review of the Cap set on The Figure in Question today. Check it out here. I hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking!
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Good review and pretty accurate. I hate that the suit is so tight that you get "low crotch" syndrome. But being a Customizer I don't mind altering my figures, even if they're brand new. So I cut the feet out of the costume and now I can pull his pants all the way up(note: put tape around the ankles so they stay in place and don't fray).

All in all...I'm pretty happy with the set.
    sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

You should not have to cut the leggings, put tape on figure,glue the star on a brand new figure when an original t-1 Cap is still going strong and I
      only paid $ 27.00 plus 6.00 s/h on evil bay

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Another spectacular review!! Thanks!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by wise guy
          You should not have to cut the leggings, put tape on figure,glue the star on a brand new figure
          I agree, but I like the figure so it was worth it to me to fix the problems with it. But yeah...a brand new figure shouldn't need "fixing."
          sigpic

Comment

• Glantern
            • Mar 6, 2015

Thanks for the compliments guys!
            @The Bat: that's a good idea for getting the suit to fit a little better. I might give that a try.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

i love your note about repro-Cap's Mego-like boots molded in a thin, rubberier material! they're wonderful, IMO...what Mattel's Retroaction should have been. I love my new Cap set. All of it. i am very happy with it
              Last edited by comicmike; Apr 17, '15, 4:20 PM.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

Great review ,a good read ,but you dont mention the extra flesh hands ,as i was just curious as to why they included flesh hands ,when the
                retro capt already has them ,at first i thought it was the skin tone to steve rogers head ,but they look the same as the classic figure.love my
                capt as well ,thank you for the review.

Comment

• Glantern
                  • Mar 6, 2015

Originally posted by comicmike
                  i love your note about repro-Cap's Mego-like boots molded in a thin, rubberier material! they're wonderful, IMO...what Mattel's Retroaction should have been. I love my new Cap set. All of it. i am very happy with it
                  Yeah, these boots were a definite improvement. And I totally agree on Retroaction.

Originally posted by tllgn
                  Great review ,a good read ,but you dont mention the extra flesh hands ,as i was just curious as to why they included flesh hands ,when the
                  retro capt already has them ,at first i thought it was the skin tone to steve rogers head ,but they look the same as the classic figure.love my
                  The hands totally skipped my mind, mostly due to the whole redundancy thing. I've added a note about it, though. Thanks!

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

I think the cuffed boots were grabbed from the mego romulan , again great review ,i printed it out for reference.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

oops, my bad,the Andorian ^^^^

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Should have been red Conan boots, to match the ones Cap wears.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tllgn
                          yeah, they seem a waste of plastic when you consider if its there so you can build three figures, a blank from Doc Mego or Castaway comes with hands. They could have put that money towards getting the star attached properly or getting the suits tailored correctly.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^ Do you mean the sizing or the trunks?

I was thinking one could change the tights to stirrups with a little elastic, to nudge the fit.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 18, '15, 11:25 AM.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

I just got my Captain America and Spiderman sets. I won't be opening them but just looking, I'm really disappointed in how they attached Cap's star on both costumes. Seems like the lazy way out to just tack it in place with some thread. Also, the window on Cap's box cuts off the top of his head. Would have been nice to have the window just a tad bigger so you could see his whole face. Other than that, they look great.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎