Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

All I can say is, it's pretty sad when a movie starring ANT-MAN looks better than a movie starring SUPERMAN and BATMAN.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ You called it Dwayne!

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

This is saddens me to no end. :(

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Man...it's what I expected, but i was hoping...HOPING...they'd get the memo and lighten things up a bit. If anything, this looks darker than MoS or the Nolan trilogy.

Say what you want about Superman Returns, but when he saved the plane, and everyone cheered, it made you feel good. I don't go to super hero films to be depressed. Sheesh.

I'm hoping there's more to this film than angst, but this just confirmed a lot of my fears on this project.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

just saw this thought some of you guys might be thinking the same thing lol

spoilered it as its a little crude is not the right word ,gross maybe, batman definitely thinks so lol

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Wow. Just. Wow. That's sad. Makes me want to cradle my Batman 66 box set in my arms.

What little kid would be inspired to want to be a Superhero if the whole world hates you for it?

We've gone from Chris Reeve's "A Friend" to this.

And yet, We'll all go see it. Lament it. Dissect it. Buy the blu-ray for $6 on Black Friday, watch it, and then put it on the shelf.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

...and that was a huge plus for me. It's a direct attempt to deal with the weight of the idea for the plot, as a contrast to how Marvel uses it as plot-points to further the adventure.

The color palette is Injustice and the Arkham games, even more than I expected. I gotta respect Affleck for burying himself in the character. He must have realized during previz his celebrity recognition was just bursting through.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                  Wow. Just. Wow. That's sad. Makes me want to cradle my Batman 66 box set in my arms.

What little kid would be inspired to want to be a Superhero if the whole world hates you for it?

We've gone from Chris Reeve's "A Friend" to this.
                  Remember Jor-El's speech from 1978...."They can be a great people Kal-El. They wish to be...they only lack the light to show them the way."
                  Superman was always meant to inspire and bring out the best in us. This depiction shows him bringing out the worst in us... Fear. Hatred. Intolerance. That is just WRONG and not a message I want to see.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^I agree...based on this trailer. If...and this is a big IF...they start out like this, but then, Superman convinces the world of his intention is hailed the hero at the end...then I may be able to swallow this. If not, then it is just a completely wrong-headed direction to go with these fantasy characters, in a huge big-budget motion picture. A one-off comic mini-series, fine. But not as THE definitive film meeting of these characters.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

How does following the same Marvel model, of aiming for 80's Spielberg/Zemeckis, not get DC killed?
                      Last edited by hedrap; Apr 17, '15, 9:25 AM.

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Does the DC universe always seem to only have night or overcast days?

Geez
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

I couldn't even get through the whole trailer! Superman and Batman have always made me wanna stand up and cheer, not run away and hide. I wouldn't even watch this one if it came on TV.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Ang Lee's Hulk taught Marvel everything they needed to know about overthinking the concept. Showcase the heroes and weave plot points that touch on their history. These are comic books, not War and Peace. These films should be a rollercoaster ride inserted with capable character development and plot detail to create memorable and engaging stories that make you want to see them again and again. If we can't celebrate the foundation of why they're heroes and enjoy the pageantry of that fundamental experience, then it ceases to have the appeal it's audience seeks and becomes a misguided piece of fiction trying to validate itself. I have an expectation for the next Avengers film, not based on a formula, but on a belief the director is not ashamed of the story's roots in comic books and will embrace those ideas. Snyder has been quite vocal about shunning the fans and creating his own vision whether it touches on comic book lore or his own ideas. I find that pretentious and a big roll of the dice.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                              Yeah, what he said!!! Very nicely expressed, mon frere!
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• ubermanx
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 3, 2013

Still on my self imposed "no trailers" schtick. I don't want to bombard myself and obsess about all the preproduction details for two years as films are made. Worked for me for Winter Soldier.

That being said however I could not resist and saw a tiny photo of Afleck's head in the very accurate Dark Knight Returns' Anti-Superman armour. So I am expecting Man of Steel mixed with Miller's classic story's darkness.

- Marty

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎