X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

FTC:
    Please Please PLEASE FTC, may your TT Raven & Starfire figures look both Mego-y (later years) & correctly proportioned, assembled, & costumed/accessorized!
    FTC does much better with the BOYS, so I specifically mentioned the TT Gals, but I want 70s-80s Mego-y goodness & excellence for ALL the FTC TT wave 2......& ALL the FTC WGH, JLA, TT, Batman 66 & Super Friends!

I'm EXCITED & trepidatious in equal measure! I think about FTC DAISY Duke......& I SHUDDER!

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

I will be sick if Starfire has cloth bodysuit/cloth skin like Mego 8" Wonder Woman!

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

HA! I got it!

A RAVIN' Scientist!
        Who sets the state of New Mexico on FIRE!
        with his new business!

BREAKING BAD MEGOS!

Looking forward to these!

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

I hope we actually see photos of the new Teen Titans and not just an announcement like the scooby doo and hannah barbera ones; a cartoon image of the characters with the news that a line is coming. I mean, we already knew they were going to do new teen titans and hannah barbera lines.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by magyar1964
            My guess is Teen Titans. Raven, Starfire.
            Crap, I was hoping for Edgar Allen Poe. Nevermore, lol.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jayraytee
              I hope we actually see photos of the new Teen Titans and not just an announcement like the scooby doo and hannah barbera ones; a cartoon image of the characters with the news that a line is coming. I mean, we already knew they were going to do new teen titans and hannah barbera lines.
              I have to agree with you on this.

I don't mind not having pictures of Scooby Doo, Hanna Barbera, or just the one picture from Harry Potter. Those felt like official new license announcements.

FTC has the DC license already. If it is a new DC product announcement, I'd hope for a little more that just the announcement.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

If these Titans are of the 8 inch variety, I hope FTC puts how limited edition updates of the original Titans in that scale as well so that we have a matching set when it's all said and done.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 21, 2009

FTC announced Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven and Starfire previously. I suppose we'll see images of them, if not ordering info. The 6" Robin was supposed to be an FTC exclusive, if I recall.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

I do think however they do Starfire's costume is how we can expect them to do the next Wonder Woman. So I will be really focused on this one.

One of the big things with Starfire will be her hair. The character has really long curly hair. Plus she is probably the only character I can think of that actually originally had the chubby cheeks and big eyes that could fit the way they did Lois Lane's face. Her skin tone may be hard to get right too.

That face would not work for Raven at all though. Her face is more narrow and her hair is a lot more slicked back. I remember thinking she looked Indian when I first saw her.

I'm cautiously optimistic. With the time they have had to invest in the next round of female figures, I hope they got it right!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

And as a side note, Starfire's build is a LOT more ... pronounced than Raven. This would be a GREAT time to introduce a new chest piece.

Erin Brockovich: They're called boobs, Ed.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

Starfire is also taller than other titans except Cyborg. She also has golden skin which might require a differant color to female body

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

Everyone seems so sure it's a Titan announcement I'm wondering whether something leaked out.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

I just hope they don't cheap out and use existing parts.

I'd like to see:

Starfire:
                            1. New Female Sculpt with rooted long curly hair.

they could then also re-offer the head in Anglo Blonde, Brunette, and Red, as well as African American Black, and
                            make some extra coin. All four of these I could use for customs easy...

2. New Female Buck with better bosom and wide hips

again, a new Female Buck in Anglo, African American Brown and ( I assume) Orange
                            would all make for extra coin to make up for the endeavor

3. Decent armored or if not armored knee length female boots

Raven

They will most likely use an IG Black Hair for this, but

1. Raven's Split Dress ( sleeveless) in Blue, Black and White

At best, we can only hope that Starfire's head isn't a re-use of the Catherine Bach ( Daisy Duke) head! lol
                            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Oh please, not the IG head for Raven!

The head is too big, and she has zombie/vampire/possessed eyes!
                              JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                                I still hope they do adult size Wonder Girl in the black starfield outfit, adult size Red Arrow/Arsenal, adult size Kid Flash and adult size Aqualad in his red and black outfit. Otherwise they will look kinda lame next to an adult sized Raven, Starfire, Cyborg and Nightwing.

JeffBearCO
                                We need the regulars in 8" scale if we get the NTT in that size. Wonder Girl and Kid Flash would be the same basic costumes (though Wondy wouldn't need the necklace and could actually have bracelets). But Aqualad could have a more accurate costume (with the white and black bands atop the gloves and boots) and the more curly/afro-ish hairstyle Perez gave him. And putting Speedy in the Perez costume, which has some significant differences from other versions of the costume (it's my favorite of his looks, in fact), would make him a lot different than the 7" version. As for Robin, a good Perez version of him could use a cape like the one on '66 Robin, but the collar would need to be changed to leave it more open (Early issues of NTT had it look more in the classic mode, but it quickly loosened up, like leaving a button or two open on a shirt). And a Nightwing definitely needs to be in the disco collar look that debuted in the Titans book (I still prefer that to the bland black costume with a blue or red logo design on the top he sports today).

Definitely looking forward to Friday; they've already announced the wave, so it has to be at least prototypes ready to be shown.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎