Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can FTC TOP Hanna Barbera announcement?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarcomics
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 19, 2014

The FTC Announcements are great. I mean we are seeing The Monkees,various superheroes lines and many goodies however, we aren't really seeing many actual lines coming out by FTC. In short, less announcements and MORE actual products ready to be shipped like um .....I don't know um, KISS DYNASTY already!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I sound like a broken record but we are already in April with 3 KISS lines scheduled for 2015 like DYNASTY,DESTROYER and 18 inch figures? And let us not forget those ADORABLE 3 3/4 inch figures that will be coming in August or so by Bif Bang Pow! It was wonderful to finally see them pick up Hanna Barbera as a future possibility. I agree that Hammer figures would be awesome,James Bond and wacky stuff like The Addams Family would be cool.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

I don't know of any other license that could top DC/Hanna-Barbera, more than Marvel.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

But the announcements ARE of MORE figures! Give 'em a chance to produce them! Do you want it FAST or do you want it GOOD? Let's put it this way; if FTC came out w/ the figures as fast as they announced them, production would probably be shoddy and you guys would complain that the figures weren't made right. I think it's great they're telling us of things to come. It's cool being in the know about this stuff. It's like getting an online wishbook and having to wait until a certain time (like Christmas) to get the toys we want. Kinda like when you were kids. Let's face it, how many companies would even bother letting consumers in on their plans this early? This way, you guys can budget, plan and make room for what you want most.

Just enjoy it, guys. This is the best it's ever been for Mego collectors!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe this is boring but for something new, how about a United States Presidents wave sets?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^ I've been hoping Heroes Inaction would do that. I think all they ever did was Obama and Lincoln?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Any DC heroes (that they havn't already put out over and over) would top the hannah barbera stuff. The only one from that license I would even remotely consider is space ghost.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I hope they start showing us pics of the females DC figures like Starfire (Titans). Are they doing a pajama suit like Wonder Woman ?
                In the comics of the 1980-90's she is taller than Nightwing , has golden skin and wears a purple 2 piece bathing suit. This is a tuff one to get right and if it looks wrong
                there could be an angry mob

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                  I hope they start showing us pics of the females DC figures like Starfire (Titans). Are they doing a pajama suit like Wonder Woman ?
                  In the comics of the 1980-90's she is taller than Nightwing , has golden skin and wears a purple 2 piece bathing suit. This is a tuff one to get right and if it looks wrong
                  there could be an angry mob
                  I don't know why they cannot make a tight fitting body suit. I think Mattel's Martian Manhunter came out well. I don't think Starfire will look good without one, unless FTC makes a really good new email body. I have not opened a Mattel female figure.

As for what can top the HB license? For me, DC trumps all, but I am excited to see what FTC does with Harry Potter. I am more into humanoid characters in this format and I think HB will be limited in that capacity.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

I'm betting for the upcoming female swimsuit characters we will see a lot of sleeveless, legless leotards that are printed with the costume. Otherwise how would you avoid wardrobe malfunctions on a costume like Starfire and even Wonder Woman? And I'm OK with that as long as it fits! And when it is on, the lines of the printed parts actually line up with where it should be on the body. It is paramount that the stretch material actually be tight enough to stretch so that it actually fits!!! Otherwise it will look like pajamas.

Wonder Woman's eagle needs to be positioned properly or it just looks sloppy. Starfire will have the same results.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Thundercats!
                      JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢