X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Kevin Feige Confirms Peter Parker!

Well, I was sure it would be Peter but it's nice to hear it. Also, I liked what else was said about Peter Parker being a teenager and a wise arse in the Spidey costume.

When word first surfaced that maybe Marvel Studios was in the process of working out a deal with Sony Pictures to bring Spider-Man into the MCU fold, many (m...
    sigpic
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Sounds like a great approach, should be interesting to see it unfold.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
      Well, I was sure it would be Peter but it's nice to hear it. Also, I liked what else was said about Peter Parker being a teenager and a wise arse in the Spidey costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnqlncgZEA
      I kinda figured the nay sayer that was going on about the other spider-man was wrong.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

cough.

Marvel's Kevin Feige explains that just because Peter Parker is in, doesn't mean that their new Spider-Man won't embrace diversity.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I like that the guy who wrote the article says..."Feige’s words inspire hope." Hope for who? Certainly not Peter Parker fans. Feige has also stated that we may see Miles at a later point and that they have more Peter Parker stories to tell first. Honestly...I think he's messing with us. Marvel has come to far and got TOO MUCH RIGHT to shoot themselves in the foot at this point.

P.S. I think Marvel should have gone a step further in their Political correctness and made Miles not only Black and Hispanic, but Gay as well. Then they would have covered all their bases.
          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

My main belief is this is a split-rights issue.

Marvel plays a lot of games about what they have and do not have control over. The latest example is Hulk. Since the first Avengers, the players involved at Marvel have given reasons as to why it's not the right time for a solo Hulk movie starring Ruffalo. It's never a clear-cut explanation, and it varies. Now, Ruffalo lets the cat out by saying Universal still owns the rights to any solo Hulk project, meaning the character is on loan to Marvel. Well, Fiege and Arad let everyone believe they bought the rights back around 2009. Apparently not.

So I think it's the same deal with Spidey, and the Sony films will intro Miles. The only thing Fiege is confirming is Parker is Spidey in Civil War. In typical fanboy interview style, nobody followed up.

Regarding your P.S, it was speculated heavily before Miles was intro'd that he was gay and Bendis changed it during development. I don't know the accuracy, but Bendis had to refute it before publication. My gut says he was and Marvel flinched.
            Last edited by hedrap; Apr 13, '15, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎