X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

It is pretty good so far.

I hope everyone who gripes about "dark DC" movies but likes Marvel Netflix understands I'm going to call them out as Marvel Zombies...I can already see the arguments coming...

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by megoknight
      Here we go again !
      Oh no, just wait.

But he's not right on AoS. If there was something I could say that was accurate, I would.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Just finished watching the first two episodes and I have to say I am extremely impressed. I loved the way young Murdock rationalized the use of red in fight wear (foretelling what was to come). And that fight sequence at the end of episode two where the camera appears to just go back and forth in a hallway on one shot as Daredevil beats the crap out of six thugs is quite impressive. The cast is impeccable. I even like the kid playing young Murdock. Has grit in the right ways. It's an excellent show. I'm hooked.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
          70's Era Pimp
          • Sep 7, 2011

I am through episode 7 and it just keeps getting better.....

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Not only has Marvel made an amazingly written, beautifully shot, gritty street drama, but they also stuck close to the source material! The show feels just like I remember the comic feeling in the 80's.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

The series really kicks it into gear with the fourth episode after all the talky exposition from episodes 2 and 3 is out of the way. The cast and portrayals are so good. They will color my thoughts on the Daredevil characters from here on. Really like the characterization of Fisk from the script and D'Onfrrio and Cox is just right for Daredevil. Foggy and Karen are excellent as well. Really, all the characters work so well.

There's a couple of small setups for the Iron Fist series in the latter episodes and a couple of references to the Avengers to connect it to the MCU. There may be some setups for Jessica Jones and luke cage, too, but I didn't notice them. Elektra was also referenced. Hope to see her in season 2.

Really would like to see Batman get a similarly formatted TV show and as faithful adaption. With 13 hours, you really get to know the characters. Gotham, which I do enjoy, should take some notes.

As good as The Flash is, DareDevil is a rung above.
              Last edited by madmarva; Apr 11, '15, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

The level of violence in Daredevil. Is it necessary? Were talking Superhero meets Walking Dead type of stuff (i.e. Kingpin and car door). Even Batman movies don't go this far. Also, i hate to say it but i'm liking the black costume (I'm on episode 4) it kind of makes sense for the night time stalking around.
                Last edited by clemso; Apr 12, '15, 3:37 AM.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                  learning all the time
                  • Sep 15, 2010

watched the first four and I'm really enjoying this.
                  very well done, especially the fight scenes.
                  I like how they don't make him out to be super strong, just superhuman reflexes and can take a beating.
                  not sure if I like this "socially awkward sensitive art lover" Kingpin but I guess a huge fat criminal mastermind isn't very realistic either? certainly not a deal breaker at any rate.
                  now I'm really looking forward to Iron Fist... let's hope those fight scenes are even better!

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                    learning all the time
                    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Just finished watching the first two episodes and I have to say I am extremely impressed. I loved the way young Murdock rationalized the use of red in fight wear (foretelling what was to come). And that fight sequence at the end of episode two where the camera appears to just go back and forth in a hallway on one shot as Daredevil beats the crap out of six thugs is quite impressive. The cast is impeccable. I even like the kid playing young Murdock. Has grit in the right ways. It's an excellent show. I'm hooked.
                    that scene was awesome, and very "Oldboy."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by clemso
                      ... i'm liking the black costume (I'm on episode 4) it kind of makes sense for the night time stalking around.
                      Interestingly, due to the Purkinge effect, red shades are seen as darker or even black by the human eye in low light/at night.

I think that's why some emergency vehicles are now chartreuse instead of red.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• plaztekman
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 27, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
                        There may be some setups for Jessica Jones and luke cage, too, but I didn't notice them. Elektra was also referenced. Hope to see her in season 2.

I didn't catch the Elektra reference. Where was that?
                        Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                          that scene was awesome, and very "Oldboy."
                          Exactly.

The violence uptick is because they don't have the money for huge effects. It's the Walking Dead model, where the graphic scenes that are locked in, you make them really impactful so they resonate during the exposition.

The Cage setup is Night Nurse. IIRC.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

RIP Leland Owlsley. But I just read online that his son will be appearing as a potential menace to DD and the Kingpin. So perhaps we'll see a somewhat more traditional Owl.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I just got an internet upgrade, and Netflix, so the first thing I went after was Daredevil. It lived up to ALL the hype I had heard and read. WOW. What a fantastic show. Takes the grit and realism of the Nolan Dark Knight films up to 11, but still manages to have light fun moments, and not make you feel like you need an anti-depressant and a shower afterwards.

It is VERY violent, and had I known it was quite THAT violent, I may have not let my son watch it. But he's 14 now, and once we were in, he was hooked. And the violence really isn't glorified. It's ugly, and bloody. The bit with the Kingpin and the car door was a bit much, but it went a long way to showing that this man is really just an awkward animal in a nice suit.

Loved the cast, they were pitch perfect. This has to be some of the best writing a super hero media project has ever had, and the acting equals or surpasses it.

I REALLY hope we get some cameos by at least Matt and Foggy in some upcoming Marvel films. And now I'm interested in moving on to Jessica Jones.

When does DD season 2 drop?

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                I just got an internet upgrade, and Netflix, so the first thing I went after was Daredevil. It lived up to ALL the hype I had heard and read. WOW. What a fantastic show. Takes the grit and realism of the Nolan Dark Knight films up to 11, but still manages to have light fun moments, and not make you feel like you need an anti-depressant and a shower afterwards.

It is VERY violent, and had I known it was quite THAT violent, I may have not let my son watch it. But he's 14 now, and once we were in, he was hooked. And the violence really isn't glorified. It's ugly, and bloody. The bit with the Kingpin and the car door was a bit much, but it went a long way to showing that this man is really just an awkward animal in a nice suit.

Loved the cast, they were pitch perfect. This has to be some of the best writing a super hero media project has ever had, and the acting equals or surpasses it.

I REALLY hope we get some cameos by at least Matt and Foggy in some upcoming Marvel films. And now I'm interested in moving on to Jessica Jones.

When does DD season 2 drop?

Chris
                                I love the fight scenes. With no super strength, DD had to really go hammer and tongs with his opponents and it shows. There's no 1 punch KO's. It's very street level.

I expected Jessica Jones to have a similar vibe but it doesn't really. It has it's own thing going for it.
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎