Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

If FTC makes the funny Animal HB characters, I hope the company goes after the WB cartoon characters down the line, as well. WB owns HB and DC.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

How many cartoons did HB make?! Everybody keeps adding some we forgot about! Speed Buggy! YES! What about JEANNIE, Mark Hammil's 1st cartoon work?

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

I want Jonny Quest. And for Krofft, gotta have Witchiepoo.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Jeffdmia
          • Oct 7, 2013

Must have a Speed Buggy with Mark, Debbie & Tinker!!! Josie & the Pussycats (either earth or outer space!)....Herculoids....Thundarr.....Jabber Jaw & the Neptunes....Funky Phantom!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I was thinking about that today, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Originally posted by ovenmitt
            I forgot about Banana Splits too! Can FTC do Danger Island segment even though it was live-action actors' likenesses? UH OH, CHONGO! Those cliffhangers scared me as a kid!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

I think its WONDERFUL that everybody our age remembers these classic cartoons from up to 50 YEARS AGO even all the characters names!

Ever since the announcement I have been watching intros of these cartoons on Youtube and just the intros alone are worth it! SUCH IMAGINATION! Make me so happy!

I am a cartoonist and have always wanted to write and draw a comic strip and comic book based on all the cats I have known my life! And I have known some characters, living cartoons!

I both envy and admire the wonderful world of Hanna Barbara! I wish I could have been a part of its creation. Now I can have figures of all my favorite childhood characters to display together if I have the space!

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I like all the possibilities with these but there are so many charector's where do they start ? Hopefully Space Ghost because he needs to be back with these charector's
                and not that late night adult talk show version from the 90's. Space Ghost should be along side the WGH or Superfriends

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  The biggest mistake McFarlane made was not starting off with traditional representations of characters. Fred Flintstone on a prehistoric motorcycle is not what the old school HB fans wanted. By the time they corrected their error, people moved on. Some were not happy with them being in-action figures too, but I was fine with that.

The Jazwares Fred Flinstones and other HB properties were okay, sculpt-wise. Quality suffered in both paint apps and construction on some. Small Fred's Water Buffalo hat was a waste and I wasn't thrilled with the action features on the larger figures, but I can understand why they were there. But the line was too varied and all over the place. The large Tom & Jerry figures were out of scale, some figures showed up in large scale, while figures from the same show showed up in the smaller scale... it was a mess.

The best thing about a FTC Mego-esque line is we know what we are getting, scale-wise. Even if they are out of scale or the body type isn't perfect, it still fits the, "how Mego would have done it," philosophy. They will be pose-able. And I am sure they will be the classic versions. So it comes down to using the right head sculpt (compare Jazware's Fred Flintstone to the X-Plus version; lots of options) and getting the clothes right.

And picking the right characters. If you make Gilligan, at least make the Skipper. If you make Fred Flinstone, at least make Barney Rubble or Wilma.
                  Very interesting take as you take the concept of "using your strengths" to a higher level... kinda outside the box... saying that focusing on quality and filling out casts of any given franchise characters will make up for anything lost in the process of adapting certain less humanoid HB characters to retro-Mego style.

As I said before, while HB is a great well to pick from, at the moment not much is known about FTCs intentions outside of the names of 1st Wave characters and many "hints" to feed on. I didn't think FTC could top themselves with mysterious announcements, but this one certainly has me wondering how it's gonna turn out more than anything they've announced before. I mean, between so many HB sub-franchises and so many different eccentrically designed characters WITHIN those many franchises, this HB line could go in so many directions at this point.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

They did a crossover with Space Ghost, Galaxy Trio, Mightor, and the Herculoids. Seems like a good place to start to me.

CCC.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

So, do they make Gloop and Gleep like modernized Stretch Armstrongs, but in Scale?

As for the license, the two animated it won't cover are DC and Looney. So Banana Splits is certainly apart of the HB license as is anything by Ruby-Spears, as they were first bought by HB before WB bought Turner, thereby acquiring HB.

It also appears they may have Man From Atlatntis, as that was a spinoff HB live-action production.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by wise guy
                        I like all the possibilities with these but there are so many charector's where do they start ? Hopefully Space Ghost because he needs to be back with these charector's
                        and not that late night adult talk show version from the 90's. Space Ghost should be along side the WGH or Superfriends
                        In their announcement, FTC stated that Quest, Mighty Mightor, Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, and Space Ghost will be included in the launch of their Hanna-Barbera line, this coming Fall.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Jonny Quest is a lifelong dream come true for me...anything else is just gravy.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            Jonny Quest is a lifelong dream come true for me...anything else is just gravy.
                            Me too! :D

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Me Three!! And I hope JQ gets the same attention to detail as Batman 66.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

If the first HB run are bobble heads, I'll never buy another item from them. That's a promise.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎